Bug: Copying Links in Notes is Broken

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2021 2:10 PM

A recent update seems to have broken something in Logos Notes.  

• When I cut and paste text from one note to another note I lose any links. It is like copying to notepad; I get the text only, no blue (except scripture references, of course).
  • This used to work fine before and now it doesn't.

I have many links in my notes and move stuff around all the time. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Maybe this is an easy fix?

Thanks.

Posts 58
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:15 PM

Here is an example.  I hit select all on the left and then copied over to the right.  The links to commentaries (Moo & Segraves) were copied over, but the links to Bible Word Study (the Greek Words) and to my other notes (BTN . . .) didn't make it.

And this used to work before. In fact, it still works on my old Windows 7 / Logos 8 computer.  Apparently a recent update broke something.  :(

Broken Links In Logos

Notice also, the spacing before and after the bold words (ministry & teaching) gets messed up too. 

Posts 36375
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:22 PM

On the current beta on Win 10, I can't recreate the problem. I tried both CNTRL V and the mouse menu Paste. What version of Logos and what operating system are you on? I did select and copy rather than CNTRL+ A

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 58
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:24 PM

Windows 10 Pro (19042.867)
Logos 9.3.0.0052

Did you try making links to other notes or to Bible Word Study?  

For some reason the links to commentaries survived the copy. 

Posts 36375
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:33 PM

Hmmm...

I am on Windows 10 Home (build 19042.867) and Verbum 9.4 Beta 3 ... so I'm afraid that I am stumped since I can't recreate your problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 36375
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:39 PM

You are brilliant! A link to a BWS in URL format copied correctly however the L4 format dropped the link. This is a bug that FL will have to address.

Posts 58
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 2:53 PM

So glad I'm not crazy!  :)

Posts 58
Willy Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2021 3:50 PM

Here's the exact same thing on my old Windows 7 / Logos 8 computer. Everything copied perfectly.  Notice even the spacing around the bold words wasn't changed. 

Logos Bug

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS