So long and thanks

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 903
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 29 2021 8:37 AM

For something like 20'ish years I've been a rabid and grateful Logos user.  After a TIA (mini-stroke) a couple of weeks ago, I'm no longer teaching/preaching, or, really, capable of study as I was accustomed to do.

So, today I'm transferring my 4k+ resource library to a minister friend (I can't bear to see it unused) with a joyful and thankful heart.  I leave this last note to those of you who have been so helpful to me over the past couple of decades, and pray richest blessings on both Faithlife and you, the contributors to the forums.  

Thank you all, so much!  --Bro. Mark

"I read dead people..."

Posts 182
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 9:03 AM

May the Lord be with you always!

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 227
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 9:04 AM

That is sad to hear on your part, a blessing for your friend who receives the books, and it makes me think of the Apple ad a few years ago when they showed a man controlling his computer completely by voice—all built into the OS, no extra software needed. Could you use something like that?

Posts 196
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 10:29 AM

May the Lord bless you and keep you, Brother Mark.  Tony Walker, above, has an idea re voice control.  Could you use that? 

Posts 2548
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 11:02 AM

God bless you Mark. You will be missed.

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 11:36 AM

All the best and may the Lord keep you.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3123
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 11:55 AM

Hope and the LORD's blessings to you. Thanks for sharing.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 688
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 2:26 PM

May you see the Lord's kindness as you enter this next phase of life.

Posts 1108
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 2:54 PM

May God bless you and keep you.

Posts 33231
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 2:59 PM

Sorry to see you go; praying for a successful recovery.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9617
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 4:01 PM

Sorry to hear this Mark. I have appreciated your involvement in the forums and I can imagine that this is difficult for you. May the Lord guide you through this new stage of life.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8320
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 4:16 PM

May the Lord grant you a speedy recovery!

DAL

Posts 3835
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 4:38 PM

Know that you are being prayed for - drop a note now and then to let up now how you are doing. 

Your because His,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 44
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2021 7:18 PM

May the Lord bless you and keep you and grant you a speedy recovery.

Mac

Posts 19380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 1:27 AM

Praying:

Y’varekh’kha Adonai v’yishmerekha. 

[May Adonai bless you and keep you.] 

Ya’er Adonai panav eleikha vichunekka. 

[May Adonai make his face shine on you and show you his favor.] 

Yissa Adonai panav eleikha v’yasem l’kha shalom. 

[May Adonai lift up his face toward you and give you peace.]’ 

Stern, D. H. (1998). Complete Jewish Bible: an English version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B’rit Hadashah (New Testament) (1st ed., Nu 6:24–26). Clarksville, MD: Jewish New Testament Publications.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 9:02 AM

Brother Mark:

For something like 20'ish years I've been a rabid and grateful Logos user.  After a TIA (mini-stroke) a couple of weeks ago, I'm no longer teaching/preaching, or, really, capable of study as I was accustomed to do.

So, today I'm transferring my 4k+ resource library to a minister friend (I can't bear to see it unused) with a joyful and thankful heart.  I leave this last note to those of you who have been so helpful to me over the past couple of decades, and pray richest blessings on both Faithlife and you, the contributors to the forums.  

Thank you all, so much!  --Bro. Mark

I can relate to what you are saying. This week,  I too am turning my Logos over to someone younger then I am who has a lifetime of ministry and learning ahead of him.I too am newly retired from full time ministry and am enjoying the simple gifts of God- my paper bible in front of me and my wife beside me. Congrats on surviving the rigors of ministry even if it did not end the way you wanted it too. It seems like few ministers experience that luxury. May we all find the peace of Christ in this lifetime and the hope of the resurrection when we will at last worship together at God's throne. Thank you Mark and thank you all.  

Posts 1363
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 9:51 AM

May the Lord bless you brother.

Posts 346
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 1:40 PM

Brother Mark:

Sorry to hear that, I had a major stoke when I turned 53, could not talk read or write, took over 3 months of therapy before I could again work where I was forced to talk. write emails and read emails. It took another 3 years before I could read and study like I use to (reading again 3 or more books at a time and keep the thought process in tack). I recently turned 67 and now retired, still use logos as I mentor men in my Church, love what they did to make the Phone App better.

God is good, don't give up on yourself! 

Blessing Brother

Ralph

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS