Turning off highlights in a specific layout

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 182
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 2 2021 3:59 PM

This ought to be simple, but I can't find it:

I have lots of verses highlighted in a Bible translation that's part of one layout. I want that to be the only layout in which those verses are highlighted in that Bible translation, so that in a new layout I can highlight other verses in that Bible translation specific to that layout's focus, and have those new verses be the only verses highlighted in the second layout. But I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Using "Visual filters" I can toggle highlights on and off in the Bible translation within the second layout - good news - but if I turn them off in the second layout, they're also turned off back in that Bible in the first layout, where I want them left on. And if I turn them back on, I see both any new highlighted verses AND the verses that were highlighted in the first layout, when in the second layout I only want to highlight the verses specific to that layout.

Is it possible to turn on/off highlights in a resource within specific layouts, so that I can employ different collections of highlights in the same resource, but in different layouts? If so, how?

Hope that made sense!

Posts 29729
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2021 4:18 PM

sorry, I dont think it is possible. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2021 4:18 PM

If you are using the default behaviour of Logos which does not assign highlights to a specific note file then you can not do what you want. 
To achieve what you want you need to create a note file that you use specifically for that layout and assign all highlights you want to associate with that layout to that specific note file. When using that layout turn off all other highlights except for that note file. Note this setting will not be saved as a part of the layout so when you move between this layout and others you will need to manually change what highlights are displayed as highlights are not associated with layouts but only with note files (if you choose to override the softwares default behaviour).

Bill Coley:

This ought to be simple, but I can't find it:

I have lots of verses highlighted in a Bible translation that's part of one layout. I want that to be the only layout in which those verses are highlighted in that Bible translation, so that in a new layout I can highlight other verses in that Bible translation specific to that layout's focus, and have those new verses be the only verses highlighted in the second layout. But I can't figure out how to make that happen.

Using "Visual filters" I can toggle highlights on and off in the Bible translation within the second layout - good news - but if I turn them off in the second layout, they're also turned off back in that Bible in the first layout, where I want them left on. And if I turn them back on, I see both any new highlighted verses AND the verses that were highlighted in the first layout, when in the second layout I only want to highlight the verses specific to that layout.

Is it possible to turn on/off highlights in a resource within specific layouts, so that I can employ different collections of highlights in the same resource, but in different layouts? If so, how?

Hope that made sense!

Posts 19386
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2021 6:30 PM

Bill Coley:

Currently Visual Filter settings and Layout arrangement are independent.

Workaround is MultiView Resources as Visual Filter settings in Primary resource is inherited by secondary resource(s). Same Bible can be open in two tabs with different "Visual Filter" menu settings:

94B4 Multiview Visual Filters Notes

Screen shot shows LEB in Multiview on the left has many Visual Filters with no Notes while LEB on the right has no Visual Filters (unchecked) and one set of Notes.

For layouts, one layout could have LEB in Multiview. Different layout could have LEB by itself.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 182
Bill Coley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2021 7:23 PM

Thanks to the three of you for responding to my post.

keepsmiling4jesus, I am bare bones when it comes to my Logos feature set, so I don't have access to Multiview, but thanks for the workaround.

DiscipleII, I have created a layout that includes the Notes editor, which will allow me quickly to make a manual selection of the applicable notebook. Thanks for your idea. Now I just need to remember to change out notebooks when relevant! (Seems to me that highlights should be able to reside in specified layouts; I'm in fact surprised that they can't. I hope it's not too tall a technological feat for the developers to add that feature.)

Posts 19386
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2021 7:44 PM

Bill Coley:
keepsmiling4jesus, I am bare bones when it comes to my Logos feature set, so I don't have access to Multiview, but thanks for the workaround.

Least expensive purchase option for Multiview Resources is Logos 9 Fundamentals ($99.99 that has special pricing at times: e.g. $ 49.99) and Verbum 9 Fundamentals ($99.99 that also has special pricing at times: e.g. $ 49.99). Fundamentals includes a number of usable datasets and features along with a number of resources => highly recommend. Special price purchase of Fundamentals may reduce dynamic upgrade pricing of Starter base packages by more than special price amount.

Unowned Base Packages => https://www.logos.com/search?page=1&sortBy=Savings&limit=60&filters=status-live_Status%2Bproducttype-basepackages_Product%20Type&ownership=unowned&geographicAvailability=all

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS