Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 4 2021 12:51 PM

Will this be coming to us?

Posts 29346
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2021 12:57 PM

Maybe? It is not on Pre-Pub, which would be our only indication. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29346
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2021 1:02 PM

From the Translation's Website:

Once the complete Bible releases in print, the LSB will be made available to third-party Bible apps and software developers.

And:

The complete LSB will be released in print by the end of 2021.

Based on this, the earliest we could expect it would be "by the end of 2021," but perhaps not until 2022. 

Posts 23
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 1:24 PM

Yeah, even with that I’m not holding my breath. The NASB 2020 still hasn’t been published. Smile

Posts 224
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:08 PM

Rick Ratzlaff:

We are currently looking into bringing the LSB to the platform but we have nothing to announce at this time.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 2174
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:19 PM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Rick Ratzlaff:

We are currently looking into bringing the LSB to the platform but we have nothing to announce at this time.

Great to hear that FL is working on getting this.

Posts 938
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2021 3:45 AM

What market is Legacy Standard Bible aimed at? Is this just a vanity project?

Given it is just a revision  of the NASB1995  done by Scholars at Master Seminary who is it going to appeal to? NASB has never been a big seller.

Not sure the decision to translate name of God Yahweh is a smart move. The HCSB  translated it Yahweh and it was seen as eccentric and put a lot of people off. Hence why the revision CSB is far more popular.

Don't get me wrong I am a bible geek and love comparing translations, but who is going preach from the legacy standard?

Just my thoughts

P AGeeked

Posts 5237
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2021 4:13 AM

P A:

Given it is just a revision  of the NASB1995  done by Scholars at Master Seminary who is it going to appeal to? NASB has never been a big seller.

Not sure the decision to translate name of God Yahweh is a smart move. The HCSB  translated it Yahweh and it was seen as eccentric and put a lot of people off. Hence why the revision CSB is far more popular.

Don't get me wrong I am a bible geek and love comparing translations, but who is going preach from the legacy standard?

Just my thoughts

P AGeeked

The market is those who have the wisdom to appreciate the wisdom that a literal translation imparts which cannot be gleaned from a so-called "thought-for-thought" translation. It's a smallish market, but loyally appreciative, and the NASB95 is the best of literal English Bibles. Sadly, Lockman, the publisher, seems to have veered from its core purpose w/ the NASB20, so the LSB may fill the niche Lockman appears to be abandoning.

I'm not a preacher per se, but I do teach occasionally, and I may use the LSB if it improves on the NASB w/o losing its benefits. Aside from being primarily a literal translation, the NASB95 has excellent marginal notes. For that reason, if those notes do not carry over (or perhaps get incorporated into the text), then I will stick w/ NASB95.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 2710
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2021 1:53 PM

I like my coffee black and my working text with a minimal amount of fluff. This sort of thing is always better used than discussed. Looking forward to using it. I have the little app with the NT and Psalms/Proverbs. Much rather have it in Logos.Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 4508
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2021 2:32 PM

P A:

Just my thoughts

P AGeeked

You can learn more about the LSB here: https://lsbible.org/ & https://lsbible.org/preface/ 

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 8:56 AM

P A:

Maybe John MacArthur. His endorsement appears on https://lsbible.org/.

Posts 29346
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 9:33 AM

SineNomine:
Maybe John MacArthur.

He is the driving force behind it. 

https://lsbible.org:

Who is behind the LSB?

The LSB is a joint-venture product of The Lockman Foundation, Three Sixteen Publishing, and the John MacArthur Charitable Trust. The translation committee consists of a group of biblically qualified, faithful men from the Master’s University and Seminary, all of whom are scholars and preachers. The translation also went through an extensive review process from a team that consists of scholars and pastors from all around the world.

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 9:56 AM

JT (alabama24):

SineNomine:
Maybe John MacArthur.

Post edited. Thanks for the info!

Posts 5237
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 12:09 PM

SineNomine:

JT (alabama24):

SineNomine:
Maybe John MacArthur.

Post edited. Thanks for the info!

P A:

Given it is just a revision  of the NASB1995  done by Scholars at Master Seminary who is it going to appeal to?

This was the clue...he is the founder of Master's Seminary.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 3294
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2021 8:10 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Rick Ratzlaff:

Glad you are looking into this, hope it turns into a pre-pub. :)

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS