Legacy Standard Bible

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 129
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2021 11:24 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

We are currently looking into bringing the LSB to the platform but we have nothing to announce at this time.

Great to hear! Please publicise when it's available on Pre-Pub Smile

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2021 11:28 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Rick Ratzlaff:

Will this be coming to us?

We are currently looking into bringing the LSB to the platform but we have nothing to announce at this time.

Agreed. Great news. If able please bring an RI with it :)

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 10:12 AM

Will the LSB have the same platform (non-paragraph version) like the NAS95? 

Posts 30482
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 11:57 AM

Joseph Luna:

Will the LSB have the same platform (non-paragraph version) like the NAS95? 

I assume that it will come in the same format that the print version does. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 635
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 3:40 PM

I have the print version of the LSB New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs. It is in verse form. I also have it in Accordance and it can be exhibited in verse form or paragraph form. It is also has a RI.

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2022 3:40 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Thanks for the heads up! $6 bucks is almost free so I preordered. Hopefully a reversed interlinear will be made available and they will fully tag it for fact book results and other stuff.

Posts 542
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2022 4:13 PM

Placed my order.. Thanks Faithlife!

Posts 3479
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2022 4:14 PM

DAL:

David Taylor Jr:

Thanks for the heads up! $6 bucks is almost free so I preordered. Hopefully a reversed interlinear will be made available and they will fully tag it for fact book results and other stuff.

Yes

Posts 927
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2022 4:53 PM

Placed my order.

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2022 7:44 AM

Thanks for pointing this out David. I placed my order too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2022 2:25 PM

I am delighted and put my order in for it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 35578
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2022 2:43 PM

I looked at the product page, noted it follows one of my least favorite translating strategies, then pressed the button to purchase it so I'll be able to follow all the falderol around it. But I genuinely am glad it is available for all those who have been (im)patiently waiting for it and hope it meets your expectations.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2022 2:51 PM

MJ. Smith:
it follows one of my least favorite translating strategies

How would you describe the translating strategy they used?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 35578
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2022 3:36 PM

Bruce Dunning:
How would you describe the translating strategy they used?

product page:
By translating individual words as consistently as possible within their various nuances, it allows the reader to discern the Author’s intent.

I have had nothing but bad experiences with translations that try to make "Greek word meaning 1" always equal "English word 1". It focuses too strongly on individual words and ignores the degree the words around a word affect word choice and the influence of collocations. Sometimes a synonym is chosen for its sound, sometimes for its connotations. A bruise is "black and blue" not "blue and black" or "dark and aquamarine" for a silly example.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 4:12 AM

MJ. Smith:
I have had nothing but bad experiences with translations that try to make "Greek word meaning 1" always equal "English word 1". It focuses too strongly on individual words and ignores the degree the words around a word affect word choice and the influence of collocations.

I thought that was possibly what you meant but just wanted to be sure. I understand what you are saying but I try to remind myself that even a translation principle like they propose they are using is more of a sliding scale of nuances rather than a black and white decision.

Posts 3479
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 5:23 AM

MJ. Smith:
falderol
MJ made me learn a new word today Smile

Posts 3479
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 5:26 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I understand what you are saying but I try to remind myself that even a translation principle like they propose they are using is more of a sliding scale of nuances rather than a black and white decision.

Correct, this goes into a little more detail on the subject.

https://lsbible.org/faqs/#:~:text=How%20Did%20You%20Translate%20the%20LSB%3F 

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 4:49 PM

Thanks David. That was helpful to read.

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 4:51 PM

mab:

Joseph Luna:
I want the Legacy Standard Bible. I just purchased the NASB20 and I hate it

I can't say I hate the NASB2020 but it's not the right direction for thinking readers. It's beginning to play to the world. The LSB puts the focus where it belongs. Maybe I am biased, but I won't apologize.

This got me to do some more wondering. Since the Legacy Standard Bible is really an update of NASB 1995 what are the implications now that the NASB 2020 has been released? In what way do you think that the NASB 2020 "is not the right direction for thinking readers"? I would appreciate hearing more of your thinking behind this.

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS