Legacy Standard Bible

Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 50 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 5204
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 6:00 PM

From what I remember, the kerfuffle was over the use of gender inclusive language (human instead of man / brothers and sisters instead of brothers) thus pushing it closer to dynamic rather equivalent. 

To refresh my memory I picked through the interweb and came across this interesting article. 
http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com/2020/05/more-on-translation-draft.html?m=1 

I for one am excited about it But I am no expert by any means. I like the translation of YHWH and slave instead of LORD and servant. I usually float between the Nasb/esv and nlt in my reading. 

This site has all the 2020 changes: https://biblewebapp.com/nasb2020-changes/#books 

Posts 167
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2022 9:44 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/225544/legacy-standard-bible

Posts 30868
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2022 6:10 AM

You have to add a space after a hyperlink to activate it:

https://www.logos.com/product/225544/legacy-standard-bible 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 167
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2022 8:41 AM

Thanks JT never knew how to do that...Blessings

Posts 51
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2022 9:59 AM

JT (alabama24):

Joseph Luna:

Will the LSB have the same platform (non-paragraph version) like the NAS95? 

I assume that it will come in the same format that the print version does. 

LSB Customer Service told me that the file they provide to digital platforms can be changed back and forth from paragraph to verse-by-verse format. I'm hoping Logos puts it out in paragraph format so we have an option to go back and forth (using the "one verse per line" feature). It appears that the Accordance version can do that too. 

Posts 300
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2022 12:48 AM

Gavin Murphy:
LSB Customer Service told me that the file they provide to digital platforms can be changed back and forth from paragraph to verse-by-verse format. I'm hoping Logos puts it out in paragraph format so we have an option to go back and forth (using the "one verse per line" feature). It appears that the Accordance version can do that too. 

If you ever had done one time a Personal Book Bible, then you know this is the easiest thing to do. So I'm sure Logos is able too. 

Posts 27
Jeremy Hulsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2022 5:23 AM

Ok, it's almost August; Accordance and now E-Sword have published the LSB and Logos still has no release date listed for their prepub. Is there any updates about when it should be released? If not, is it possible to go ahead and release the text and add functionality through updates?

Posts 144
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2022 8:50 AM

MJ. Smith:

I have had nothing but bad experiences with translations that try to make "Greek word meaning 1" always equal "English word 1". It focuses too strongly on individual words and ignores the degree the words around a word affect word choice and the influence of collocations. Sometimes a synonym is chosen for its sound, sometimes for its connotations. A bruise is "black and blue" not "blue and black" or "dark and aquamarine" for a silly example.

So agree with this point of view.  I have tried to use the NASB95 and the 77 over the years but they have never been daily drivers for me.  I have pre-ordered the LSB for comparison use, but presently I am so at home with the discontinued and disparaged HCSB while having a KJV/NIV mental memorization database.

A Slave of Christ, Cancelled by Culture, Affirmed by God! HCSB, yes I am that guy!

Posts 2861
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2022 3:51 PM

I am getting impatient for the release, but I don't think it will be much longer. The problem for me is Sermon Builder with whatever default Bible text is in Logos. I have to manually insert if I want the LSB text. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5204
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2022 7:26 PM

I’m hoping the LSB will get released soon

Posts 5204
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2022 6:36 AM

New LSB update… Logos one of the few to NOT have it yet

Next, here is an updated list of developers that have the LSB available. 

And here is the list of other providers that have the LSB in development.

• Literal Word
  • Logos
  • StudyBible.org
Page 3 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS