Question about linked sets and second editions

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2021 9:04 PM

NB.Mick:
For Logos, I now have two different series, NICONT and "old version - NICONT". The NICONT series only has the newest editions of those books I own.

I follow a similar strategy for Tyndale Commentaries (49 vols) and use Tyndale Originals (21 vols) for the previous versions (and I will soon be getting another 3 updated volumes!).

But I renamed the main series as Tyndale's Commentaries to avoid volumes being abbreviated as TNTC and TOTC in Passage Guide (Logos 9)! 

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 462
John Connell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2021 3:53 PM

Is there a way in the LIbrary to select all of the second editions in a series, say Tyndale Commendaries? 

And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers (Mal 4:6a)

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2021 6:42 PM

John C Connell Jr.:

Is there a way in the LIbrary to select all of the second editions in a series, say Tyndale Commendaries? 

I think you may have missed my response just prior to your query.

If you put them in a separate series, you can access them via the Series name in the Filter sidebar.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 462
John Connell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2021 12:41 PM

But you must do each one separately, not as a batch operation. Is that correct?

And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers (Mal 4:6a)

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2021 9:20 PM

John C Connell Jr.:

But you must do each one separately, not as a batch operation. Is that correct?

OK!

In Library, select Series in the sidebar Filter and select your Tyndale series (there may be two or more, so you will have to repeat what follows):

• select each "second edition" title using CTRL+Click (but don't click the actual title)
  • click the Information icon in the toolbar at the top  (the "i" in a circle)
  • click the series name under Series and alter it for all the titles you selected
  • repeat as necessary if there is another (Tyndale) series

The Series name will show "Set series for all" only if the selected resources belong to different series.

Note that you can select all Tyndale series if you type series:Tyndale in the Library Find box.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS