Parsons Bible Atlas

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5845
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 8:55 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
while leaving out angry accusations)

on what basis are you reading that intent into anything I have said ? MJ certainly doesn't agree with making comments like you just did there.

MJ. Smith:
you know authorial intent better than the author.

And while your busy assuming authorial intent you made other assumptions and gone off on a tagent with your response.

Thankful for Wordsearch Bible Software thread => WordSearch Books need major editing now including bi-weekly updates of completed Logos Research Edition completions. Both Amazing (many done) and Frustrating (many remain).

Where did I question FL's communcaiton of what they were doing? I questioned and have on other occasions questioned there overall approach to this project, that has nothing to do with their communicaiton.  But lets reflect on it, we have this thread because someone was confused about the conversion of a former WS resource,  and its certainly no the first time nor last time we will see this sort of question so even though they have made a good fist of communicating throught the process they chose, people still do not fully understand what FL are doing.

But back to your assumption that I'm speakign in anger, I've honsetly communicated by what is offensive about MJ's repsonses on occasions, I honestly given feedback on FL's acitons.  If you want to confuse the passion with which i express my feedback with anger i have no idea how you make that leap. MJ gives here honest feeback about FL when it suit her... see below.

And I've made no accusations simply reflected back a question to a FL employee who said files where not in their possession.  I think its a fair question FL now needs to properly answer to all for WS customers that this emplyoee has let the cat out of the bag that everything still hasn't been handed over.

Maybe you should reflect upon Mike Binks statement below. What are your adding by interjecting into something MJ has already chosen to walk away from?

Mike Binks:
It seems to me that most disagreements on the forum happen when we think we are a white knight riding to the rescue of some poor hapless serf.

Posts 19380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 11:00 PM

DIsciple II:

on what basis are you reading that intent into anything I have said ?

Your words in reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/200250/1162518.aspx#1162518 to Kyle Anderson, which was the entire focus of my reply (was not replying to/about anything else). My communication quoting style has your words first (for context) followed by my reply. Intentionally did not quote your words that read to me as expressing anger since sadly those words do not help anyone using Faithlife software and services. Including speculation about Faithlife corporate priorities causing resource migration & quality drop did not help anyone (actually conflates "Parsons Bible Atlas" resource issue with corporate work by different employees, which are two different issues).

Thankful for Bob Pritchett, CEO, starting thread => The future of Logos and Faithlife: Help us make the right decisions! on 21 Jun 2019 to discuss recent Faithlife corporate priorities.

Hence, repeating my questions to you DIsciple II

How does expressing anger (sarcasm) in complaints actually help anyone use Logos Bible Software ? Do you want Faithlife to go out of business ? (get rid of a complaint source)

Sadly angry words hurt others, which discourages forum participation by more paying customers that would be helpful.

Concur honest user feedback using kind words is greatly appreciated. Speculating why something is not working the way you desire (e.g. garbage files) does not help.

My forum posting pattern has me write draft reply. Reviewing my words includes questions: How does my reply help Faithlife understand improvement opportunity (Bug) ? OR Help someone use Faithlife software and services ? (have deleted many of my not helpful words before posting to forum whose primary purpose is helping use Faithlife software and services)

DIsciple II:

Thankful for Wordsearch Bible Software thread => WordSearch Books need major editing now including bi-weekly updates of completed Logos Research Edition completions. Both Amazing (many done) and Frustrating (many remain).

Where did I question FL's communcaiton of what they were doing?

Your words in reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/200250/1162518.aspx#1162518 to Kyle Anderson included:

DIsciple II:
So what’s the plan if these missing files don’t turn up? When are you going to fully disclose all the missing files to users or are you going to hide them under the status conversion not yet started? is that what it means if a resource is not yet started? 

Faithlife update of Wordsearch FAQ about "My Books and Content" => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq would be appreciated, ideally including insights for your questions. Yet looking at Wordsearch Catalog => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog shows status of Available and In Progress so "hide them under the status conversion not yet started" appears unsubstantiated (not helpful)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5845
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 11:29 PM

At the moment your words are unhelpful. I was asking questions, seeking clarity on other files that may not yet be in FL’s possession and we as users could know that. You persist in thinking you know my intent and know I was responding in anger. I continue to reject that because you are far from the truth. That’s fine, Continue to be waste your time if it makes you feel justified in your mind but it changes nothing, I‘m not going to hold it against you or say I’m going to not respond to you in the future. 

DIsciple II:

on what basis are you reading that intent into anything I have said ?

Your words in reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/200250/1162518.aspx#1162518 to Kyle Anderson, which was the entire focus of my reply (was not replying to/about anything else). My communication quoting style has your words first (for context) followed by my reply. Intentionally did not quote your words that read to me as expressing anger since sadly those words do not help anyone using Faithlife software and services. Including speculation about Faithlife corporate priorities causing resource migration & quality drop did not help anyone (actually conflates "Parsons Bible Atlas" resource issue with corporate work by different employees, which are two different issues).

Thankful for Bob Pritchett, CEO, starting thread => The future of Logos and Faithlife: Help us make the right decisions! on 21 Jun 2019 to discuss recent Faithlife corporate priorities.

Hence, repeating my questions to you DIsciple II

How does expressing anger (sarcasm) in complaints actually help anyone use Logos Bible Software ? Do you want Faithlife to go out of business ? (get rid of a complaint source)

Sadly angry words hurt others, which discourages forum participation by more paying customers that would be helpful.

Concur honest user feedback using kind words is greatly appreciated. Speculating why something is not working the way you desire (e.g. garbage files) does not help.

My forum posting pattern has me write draft reply. Reviewing my words includes questions: How does my reply help Faithlife understand improvement opportunity (Bug) ? OR Help someone use Faithlife software and services ? (have deleted many of my not helpful words before posting to forum whose primary purpose is helping use Faithlife software and services)

DIsciple II:

Where did I question FL's communcaiton of what they were doing?

Your words in reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/200250/1162518.aspx#1162518 to Kyle Anderson included:

DIsciple II:
So what’s the plan if these missing files don’t turn up? When are you going to fully disclose all the missing files to users or are you going to hide them under the status conversion not yet started? is that what it means if a resource is not yet started? 

Faithlife update of Wordsearch FAQ about "My Books and Content" => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq would be appreciated, ideally including insights for your questions. Yet looking at Wordsearch Catalog => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog shows status of Available and In Progress so "hide them under the status conversion not yet started" appears unsubstantiated (not helpful)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5423
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 12:37 AM

Thank you for your thoughtful analysis.

DIsciple II:
My comments to MJ we're about MJ, and had nothing to do with Ted. I was challenging MJ to take a good hard look at herself and the way she has responded over a long period of time.

I have to muse, (mostly because musing doesn't require a response) as to why a post that was a reply to the OP was the appropriate place for such a challenge from anything other than Knight of some description.

DIsciple II:
You decided my intent was to be a White Knight for someone I did not and have not mentioned though you chose to make the centre of your attempt at satire.

So, trying to unpick this exchange; the OP asked a question, there was a response.

Rather than provide an alternative response nuanced in a way one thought kinder and more helpful; the appropriate action was to criticise the person making the response.

It would seem, from the explanation that The rationale for that criticism was that responses to other posts, in other threads, and at other times, had irritated in some way; and it was decided that this thread was the appropriate time and place for an analysis of another member's way of expression.

Even if what was written was correct in fact, I fail to follow the logic.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5546
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 6:18 AM

DIsciple II:
If you want to confuse the passion with which i express my feedback with anger i have no idea how you make that leap.

I would genuinely appreciate knowing what emotion "the passion with which [you] express [your] feedback with" is. I would rather not attempt to guess.

Posts 19380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:20 AM

DIsciple II:
At the moment your words are unhelpful. I was asking questions, seeking clarity on other files that may not yet be in FL’s possession and we as users could know that. You persist in thinking you know my intent and know I was responding in anger. I continue to reject that because you are far from the truth. That’s fine, Continue to be waste your time if it makes you feel justified in your mind but it changes nothing, I‘m not going to hold it against you or say I’m going to not respond to you in the future. 

We agree FL clarity about Wordsearch resource migration progress would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately forum word posting does not communicate the rest of the story. Honest feedback is your passionate expressions are being received by a number of FL users as angry (regardless of what you intended). If we were talking in a living room, how your words are spoken plus body language would better communicate your intent. Laughter is good medicine when everyone is laughing. Thankful for a couple forum posters passionately helping use Faithlife software and services with kind, humorous expressions. Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5845
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 9:31 AM

To ihe white knights who want to keep dragging this out I’ve said what I said, I stabs by mr belief that Martha speaks inappropriately at times to people, that she places standards upon others she then fails to follow herself. i stand by belief FL has seriously got it wrong in how they have gone about the conversion of WS resources into the Logos environmen. Thsy should not have gone and dumped every WS resource into users libraries auto converted eBooks.   I stand by the fact that FL now has questions it needs to answer about the whole process given a FL employee clearly said in this thread that the are still waiting on a file they have not receive. How many more are they waiting on and what happens if we are three, six moths or twelve months down the track amd the files have still not been given to them.

i remain bemused you all think it’s ok to assume my intent even though Martha was clear thas an error she seemed to think I was making. II remain bemused one of you is doing the exact opposite of what you advised and the rest of you are ignoring that advice and you are continuing as self-appointed white knights.

Phil Gons has made it clear in the past all feedback is welcome yet some of you think only feedback that you approve of is welcome. You may like to think I have to justify my feedback to you since you are self-appointed white knights. 

But while you want to continue to want to prolong this thread all you are doing is giving me an audience to keep bringing up both Martha amd FL’s and what I believe they have done wrong. But I think I’ve made that clear enough for now, particularly in regards to Martha so I’m not going to keep feeding your needs  I am not angry with anyone despite some of you seeming to be so wanting to say I am. I am greatly disappointed in what FL has becom, of standards they once set being thrown aside. I am disappointed for Martha she can’t see what she is doing in the thay she wants to bury her head in the sand. Look forward to discussing other topics with you all in other threads. For me is way past my bedtime so I’ll bid you Goodnight.

Posts 143
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:36 PM

Thanks so much Kyle for your response. That is good for me.

Posts 5423
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 18 2021 12:29 AM

DIsciple II:
For me is way past my bedtime so I’ll bid you Goodnight.

Goodnight -- Sleep well.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 462
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2021 11:55 AM

This thread has been reported several times for inappropriate or off-topic discussion. I agree that it's time to move on to other topics, but since it continues to be reported, I feel compelled to comment. 

DIsciple II:
Phil Gons has made it clear in the past all feedback is welcome yet some of you think only feedback that you approve of is welcome.

All feedback for Faithlife, including constructive negative feedback of Faithlife's practices and quality of work, is welcome.

Offering a gracious correction when another forum member is factually in error is also welcome. 

Criticizing a fellow forum member for their opinion, publicly challenging their character or intelligence, or otherwise crossing the line to taking a personal tone, is emphatically not welcome. 

DIsciple II:
I’m not going to keep feeding your needs... Look forward to discussing other topics with you all in other threads.

Disciple, I trust that your statement still stands, and nothing further needs to be said on the matter. I hope that this reminder will serve as a guide for all users about the tone we strive to keep on these forums.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 5845
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2021 3:32 PM

I have said all that needed  to be said to others Adam but now I have FL’s attention some truths need to be said about this thread to FL:

1. If FL were consistent in their application of quality standards we would not have this thread. FL stopped third party creation of resources due to poor complaints from users over poor quality and now here they are dumping the worst quality resources I ever seen in this software for an unknown period of time including in this case a resource for which they have said they don’t have the companion product files to complete it correctly. Two products that in the WS environment worker together seamlessly. 

2. The only persons character that was at issue in this thread is mine. What was called out is the rude an inconsistent manner in which one of your MVP’s at times chooses to respond to people with. Telling people they have to change their expectations rudeness plain and simple. It is made worse when it’s clear that same person in other threads is not willing to change their expectations. That rudeness is made worse when that said person harps on about their superior logic or what’s important to them is not rated highly by the said MVP.

I am willing to have my character called to question rather burying my head in the sand and not calling out these things. If FL wants to avoid these sort of posts happening they need to tell their MVP’s to stop responding to people in this manner and they need to get back to their core business of producing the high quality resources rather than what they are doing at the moment with WS resources. 

Thank you for your time Adam.

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

This thread has been reported several times for inappropriate or off-topic discussion. I agree that it's time to move on to other topics, but since it continues to be reported, I feel compelled to comment. 

DIsciple II:
Phil Gons has made it clear in the past all feedback is welcome yet some of you think only feedback that you approve of is welcome.

All feedback for Faithlife, including constructive negative feedback of Faithlife's practices and quality of work, is welcome.

Offering a gracious correction when another forum member is factually in error is also welcome. 

Criticizing a fellow forum member for their opinion, publicly challenging their character or intelligence, or otherwise crossing the line to taking a personal tone, is emphatically not welcome. 

DIsciple II:
I’m not going to keep feeding your needs... Look forward to discussing other topics with you all in other threads.

Disciple, I trust that your statement still stands, and nothing further needs to be said on the matter. I hope that this reminder will serve as a guide for all users about the tone we strive to keep on these forums.

Posts 4695
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2021 2:21 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Ted Harms:

Yesterday I downloaded Parsons Bible Atlas a book which I previously used in Wordsearch. There are no actual maps included in the book. It had them when I used it in Wordsearch. Has anyone else found this to be an issue?

Hi Ted. I'm sorry for causing confusion.

In WordSearch Parsons was divided into two resources, the Atlas and the Maps. The Atlas included Articles and links to the Maps resource.

Our process has been to take files from WordSearch and run them through an automatic conversion that allows users to have access and then go back and update the resources. Over the next couple of months this will be updated and will point to the Map resource.

At this time we're still waiting on files for the Maps and when we receive them the Map resource will be made available.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you Kyle! I was looking at this resource and scratching my head but now it makes sense.

Posts 18
Kytriya | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 2:46 PM

delete, because I found the better thread. Thanks!

Posts 1135
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 3:07 PM

Your WS products and their progress should be listed here. https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS