Help in choosing the best way to conduct a study: clipping, notes, notebook?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26
Airton-Carneiro | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 16 2021 8:10 AM

Hello. I wonder if the best way to do studies is by highlighting, clipping, notes, notebook.

It is as follows: when reading the bible I want to mark the verses that speak of (1) Grace, (2) Judgment and (3) Old Testament Teachings used in the New Testament. In other words, three distinct "studies".
However, I wanted to read the bible second, third, etc., and see the verses I already identified and, if I see something new, mark it.
And, when necessary, list all the verses that I identified in one of the three categories.

(I used the google translator)

I have Logos Bronze PT-BR.

Thanks.

Posts 5552
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 3:07 PM

I believe the answer is going to involve highlighting using different styles, but I defer to more knowledgeable forum users for specifics.

Posts 5847
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 6:14 PM

Using different highlighting styles is a good option as you can include these in searches. Another suggestion which I’d lean towards is creating a passage list for each study. This gives you a couple of advantages in terms of being easily able to look at those verses in different translations and you can also filter your preferred translation using the passage list so you only see those verses if you want to read them only and have access to the underlying RI data. 

From there I’d setup a note file for each study to record my observations.

Clippings I use mainly in conjunction with searches results. Hits I find relevant I add to the clipping and maybe a quick note about it. That way I gather together all that I find useful and come back to it later when I’ve finished reviewing the results. At that point I can go back and read in context those hits, and add observations to my note file along with a link to the source.

Highlights I tend to use when reading thorough a resource or in my bible when conducting an inductive study but always ensure the highlights are linked to a note file so I can choose when they are displayed and when they are not.

But I am no expert and others will chime in I expect with different approaches that may work better for you.

Airton-Carneiro:

Hello. I wonder if the best way to do studies is by highlighting, clipping, notes, notebook.

It is as follows: when reading the bible I want to mark the verses that speak of (1) Grace, (2) Judgment and (3) Old Testament Teachings used in the New Testament. In other words, three distinct "studies".
However, I wanted to read the bible second, third, etc., and see the verses I already identified and, if I see something new, mark it.
And, when necessary, list all the verses that I identified in one of the three categories.

(I used the google translator)

I have Logos Bronze PT-BR.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS