Thomas Nelson sale

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1850
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 16 2021 10:42 AM

Not on the homepage yet, although on the sale drop-down links:

https://www.logos.com/thomas-nelson-sale

It looks like a couple of the sale prices haven't been activated yet.

Posts 1181
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 11:16 AM

Thank you, Paul.

I notice Jerome's New Treasury is the lead-off, claiming to be the largest cross-ref resource, with a measley 100,000 entries. Clearly, Jerome's Ultimate wasn't in sight ... 900,000 (and counting)!

https://www.realbiblestudy.com/?p=2148 

Ok, back to the sale!

Posts 5922
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 12:52 PM

Paul Caneparo:
It looks like a couple of the sale prices haven't been activated yet.

I see this one: https://www.logos.com/product/2404/understanding-christian-theology

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 2:43 PM

Well FL will say it’s not their faul, they don’t proof read anything, they just put up the Information that the publishers provide. They are happy to take people’s money but don’t expect them to fact check the advertising. When it comes to truth in advertising, they wash their hands of the truth. There just the middle man taking their cut. 

DMB:

Thank you, Paul.

I notice Jerome's New Treasury is the lead-off, claiming to be the largest cross-ref resource, with a measley 100,000 entries. Clearly, Jerome's Ultimate wasn't in sight ... 900,000 (and counting)!

Ok, back to the sale!

Back to the sale I was missing only one resource so I picked up the big Nelson Party in a Boxed set to acquire it even cheaper do that resource didn’t feel left out of my library.

Posts 1181
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:23 PM

DIsciple II:
Well FL will say it’s not their faul, they don’t proof read anything, they just put up the Information that the publishers provide.

Well, Disciple, in all fairness, I was just trying to sneakily further Mr Smith's cause (his latest Ultimate Treasury).  Whether Logos might offer it, I don't know. But I really appreciate gentlemen as himself, who keep trying to further the value of daily Bible study. And his 'old' Treasury still seems quite popular.

This will sound a bit sassy, but I often think the FL dataset-game could as easily be solved with volumes like Jerome's, and far cheaper too.

But, nice you found a good buy!

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 4:40 PM

I agree with you Densie Mr Smith's Ultimate Treasury should be our Logos libraries whlle taking nothing away from his volume that is avaible. 

DMB:

DIsciple II:
Well FL will say it’s not their faul, they don’t proof read anything, they just put up the Information that the publishers provide.

Well, Disciple, in all fairness, I was just trying to sneakily further Mr Smith's cause (his latest Ultimate Treasury).  Whether Logos might offer it, I don't know. But I really appreciate gentlemen as himself, who keep trying to further the value of daily Bible study. And his 'old' Treasury still seems quite popular.

This will sound a bit sassy, but I often think the FL dataset-game could as easily be solved with volumes like Jerome's, and far cheaper too.

But, nice you found a good buy!

Posts 1850
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 10:57 PM

Sale ends 30th April. Nice that we've been told this time.😀

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 12:16 AM

It is nice and also nice of you to give us the heads up Paul.

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 12:21 AM

DMB:

Thank you, Paul.

Ok, back to the sale!

Okay, but seriously, how does the New Treasury compare to the old one that I got back when I first purchased Logos on 3.5" floppies (I think!) in the 1990's but still use constantly. 

(Yes it's cheap but those 8 bucks could go into my SSD fund instead...)

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:17 AM

Sean:
but seriously, how does the New Treasury compare to the old one that I got back when I first purchased Logos on 3.5" floppies (I think!) in the 1990's but still use constantly. 

Are you sure it isn't the same one? Here is the link... and it has been around since the early 90's. 

https://www.logos.com/product/1214/the-new-treasury-of-scripture-knowledge 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:21 AM

JT (alabama24):
Are you sure it isn't the same one?

No. The original one is public domain. Still extremely useful!

https://www.logos.com/product/38877/the-treasury-of-scripture-knowledge

Posts 5922
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 6:10 AM

DMB:
I notice Jerome's New Treasury is the lead-off, claiming to be the largest cross-ref resource, with a measley 100,000 entries.

It's actually 100,000 new entries. The old one already had 572,000 entries, according to its PDP.

Sean:
(Yes it's cheap but those 8 bucks could go into my SSD fund instead...)

I wish I could give a better review, but I have both volumes and use neither. I do use my SSD, though! Perhaps the numbers given earlier in this post will help you assess the newer one's value?

I did read Jerome's account of the Ultimate version. That one seems like a massive improvement, and I would certainly vote for its addition to the FL ecosystem. I'd even try using it if I had it. Perhaps more germane to your present purposes, Jerome's account of the improvements also points at certain weaknesses of the preceding version(s).

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

Posts 165
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:47 PM

Thank you to everyone for calling attention to my book, The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. 

It is currently offered at a very good price during this Nelson Sale.

If you do not have it, be sure to get this Bible study tool. It is far more complete than the original nineteenth century Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.

Posts 8948
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:45 PM

Jerome Smith:

Thank you to everyone for calling attention to my book, The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. 

If you do not have it, be sure to get this Bible study tool. It is far more complete than the original nineteenth century Treasury of Scripture Knowledge.

Didn't you have like a more recent one than those two old ones? If so, why hasn't Logos nor Accordance pulled the trigger in producing the newest, latest version? I think seeing the value of the other versions, the Ultimate version should be made available automatically by just starting to sell it without even bothering to put it in prepub.

DAL

Posts 165
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2021 10:54 AM

I suspect the current publisher desires to keep my newest work (2016) an exclusive offering for a while yet. But if there were sufficient requests, perhaps that would prompt a release to other platforms like Logos.

DAL:

Jerome Smith:

Didn't you have like a more recent one than those two old ones? If so, why hasn't Logos nor Accordance pulled the trigger in producing the newest, latest version? I think seeing the value of the other versions, the Ultimate version should be made available automatically by just starting to sell it without even bothering to put it in prepub.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS