What are the top bugs or incomplete features that make your Logos life a pain?

Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:05 PM

I am curious because (a) Feedbear does not include most bugs/incomplete projects and (b) the recent versions of 9.0 have had several bug corrections (9.1 - 37 bugs; 9.2 - 22 bugs; 9.3 -  10 bugs; 9.4 - 22 bugs; 9.5 beta - 26 bugs)  and I'm curious how they relate to the user experience. Note: I expect the answers to be personal as what is a problem depends on how you use the software. Someone else may find life difficult because of a bug I've never noticed.

My list is primarily incomplete conversions:

1. The missing spark charts in Factbook

2. The missing semantic roles in the Context Menu and Factbook ... yes, this probably has low usage statistics but so did the Biblical Sense Lexicon until people finally caught on.

3. Loss of the Sanctoral cycle layout and the "conversion" of the Saints card to a calendar devotional in practice. {I may be the sole complainant on this)

4. Lack of Old Testament and New Testament as common divisions in the Bible Browser - they exist only as headings

5. The Outline interactive comparison display needs to allow the selection of sources

6. Lack of consistency in updating resources with sermons, outlines, letters, etc.  Steady progress is required for me to keep the faith.

7. In the library provide the ability to recognize the pieces of a resource that has been split apart as a single work.

8. Make the Fuzzy Bible Search respect the restriction on books

9. The Personal Book Builder's problem with recognizing that a book is released and can be recompiled without closing Logos.

10. Ability to select a "partial" word in Hebrew ... okay, this doesn't directly affect me but I sympathize with the Hebrew scholars it drives nuts.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 772
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 9:21 PM

The Atlas Tool not using my GPU so is terribly laggy whilst rotating/panning etc compared with the one at https://app.logos.com/tools/atlas. (Win10/Nvidia)

Posts 170
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 2:12 AM

The lack of a search feature in Favorites is a bit of pain for me (I have a lot of stuff in there) and an odd omission, especially as even my free web browser has that capability. Technically it's probably a missing feature, but I'll be generous and assume it's just not implemented yet Wink.

Posts 515
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 3:14 AM

• There is no way to create custom slide groups in the Sermon Builder. 

• There is no way to import custom slide groups from Proclaim.

• Sermon slides that are transferred to Proclaim cannot be easily changed to another temple (only Bible slides properly convert in Proclaim, in my experience; any others, custom or not, must be manually recreated).

• Unreasonable restrictions on having personal books on mobile devices (I've given up on creating personal books at all, and instead use Notes).

Posts 201
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 3:38 AM

It is beyond incomplete, it is nonexistent.

I want to highlight footnotes.

I want to add a note to a footnote.

Posts 614
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:06 AM

The single most frustrating issue i have is the way in which the Library is updated any time you tag a resource (not the fact that it is updated, but the intrusive manner in which it is updated). There is NO need for the yellow bar to be inserted into the library display, it could easily be a pop over instead, thus not moving the entire library down and then up again. There is no need for the update to deselect the resource you have selected just because the library is updated with the tag. This drives me bonkers, and i add tags daily. It's needlessly frustrating and intrusive. This has been an issue FOREVER.

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:14 AM

Prioritization should be overhauled. It is not intuitive, especially for a new user. 

You just dump books into a long list. I want there to be categories. For instance: Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, etc.

The way it is now is kind of a mess.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 614
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:15 AM

Jerry Bush:

Prioritization should be overhauled. It is not intuitive, especially for a new user. 

You just dump books into a long list. I want there to be categories. For instance: Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, etc.

I completely agree.

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:24 AM

Jerry Bush:

This has been a pain point for me for some time. There should be prioritization sections to help users more easily determine what resources are prioritized for particular resource types.

I think I'll add a feature suggestion now. Big Smile

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 170
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:27 AM

Jerry Bush:

Yep Yes ! There is a known rough workaround for the moment though. Create a blank Word doc, import it into Logos as a personal book and give it a title so it will stand out. Add it to your prioritization list, then position it accordingly. Repeat, using the same blank word doc, but different title categories.See example pic.

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 5:31 AM

Myke Harbuck:

I think I'll add a feature suggestion now. Big Smile

It's already there. Please vote, and SHARE. :-)

https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/prioritize-resources-by-type

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 6:21 AM

Dave Colclough wrote:

Yep Yes ! There is a known rough workaround for the moment though. Create a blank Word doc, import it into Logos as a personal book and give it a title so it will stand out. Add it to your prioritization list, then position it accordingly. Repeat, using the same blank word doc, but different title categories.See example pic.

I never thought of this before! Thank you. 

It is better than what we have. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, or at least in version 10.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 2408
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 6:59 AM

My work in Logos is not a "pain", but it would be more pleasant if Gregory's thoughts on Sermon Builder and Proclaim integration were enacted.

Gregory Lawhorn:

• There is no way to create custom slide groups in the Sermon Builder. 

• There is no way to import custom slide groups from Proclaim.

• Sermon slides that are transferred to Proclaim cannot be easily changed to another temple (only Bible slides properly convert in Proclaim, in my experience; any others, custom or not, must be manually recreated).

Yes Yes

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 10:07 AM

One perpetual, system wide pet peeve:

Biblical text popups (when hovering over a biblical reference) are not scrollable. E.g. Hover over a reference to "John 1" will only show the first few verses.

Also would like those popups to show the top 2 versions, for those of us who routinely work with 2 Bible translations in different languages.

Workaround: The F7 function popup is scrollable and shows the top 5 Bible versions.

Posts 1917
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 11:48 AM

John Kaess:

The single most frustrating issue i have is the way in which the Library is updated any time you tag a resource (not the fact that it is updated, but the intrusive manner in which it is updated). There is NO need for the yellow bar to be inserted into the library display, it could easily be a pop over instead, thus not moving the entire library down and then up again. There is no need for the update to deselect the resource you have selected just because the library is updated with the tag. This drives me bonkers, and i add tags daily. It's needlessly frustrating and intrusive. This has been an issue FOREVER.

Amen! This needs fixed!

Posts 2548
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 12:01 PM

1. Tagging from the library - waiting for the library to rebuild after each tag. Agreed to above several times.

2. On Mac linking the Text Comparison with a Bible - the Text Comparison does not keep track. A known bug, reported by me at least 4 times and included in the new suggestions website.

Not a long list, but ones that we have been waiting a long time to get fixed.

Posts 263
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 12:11 PM

For me it would be dark mode.  It's half baked and unusable due to legibility issues with various font colors and highlight colors.  It's disappointing since dark mode is marketed as a key feature for Logos 9.

Posts 79
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 3:03 PM

John Kaess:
The single most frustrating issue i have is the way in which the Library is updated any time you tag a resource (not the fact that it is updated, but the intrusive manner in which it is updated). There is NO need for the yellow bar to be inserted into the library display, it could easily be a pop over instead, thus not moving the entire library down and then up again. There is no need for the update to deselect the resource you have selected just because the library is updated with the tag. This drives me bonkers, and i add tags daily. It's needlessly frustrating and intrusive. This has been an issue FOREVER

I totally agree Yes

I wonder if a pause library updating option similar to the pause indexing for 4 hours option could be made available for this issue at least?

Posts 79
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 3:14 PM

PL:

Biblical text popups (when hovering over a biblical reference) are not scrollable. E.g. Hover over a reference to "John 1" will only show the first few verses.

I agree, I made that suggestion a couple of years ago in the old uservoice, but nothing happened. An other bible software has this and it allows me to scroll all popups (not just bible), both forward and backward. It allowed me to check scripture context easily.

It is available in the web app, at least on some resources.

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 6:17 PM

PL:

Also would like those popups to show the top 2 versions, for those of us who routinely work with 2 Bible translations in different languages.

Workaround: The F7 function popup is scrollable and shows the top 5 Bible versions.

Yes

Page 1 of 3 (56 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS