Bible Highlighting Methods

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
nl | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 28 2021 2:46 PM

I'm interested to see what methods people use for their bible highlights, what highlights they use for which topics etc. and even better if you could provide pictures too :)

I recently saw how someone had highlighted their bible and study notes and it was very comprehensive, but I can't find the thread again, so I'd love to see what people do and try and steal some ideas!

Posts 5363
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2021 12:26 AM

nl:
I'd love to see what people do and try and steal some ideas!

I mark all the important words in my bible by having them in a black font on a white background. Sometimes I have the words of Jesus in a red font.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3305
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2021 4:32 AM

I mark mine as if I was sitting across from someone teaching them or reading to them a portion of Scripture bringing their attention to the flow, ideas, change in thought, etc. This may sound strange but have found the 'propositional outline' in Logos generally follows my hilites. 

This is very helpful to readers, many begin to mark their own bibles, and pencil in notes, which I always advise them to do use a pencil, with eraser, were human not the Lord. 

Posts 565
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2021 5:04 AM

Mike, you funny man, you! Cool

Posts 961
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2021 1:25 PM

Mike Binks:

nl:
I'd love to see what people do and try and steal some ideas!

I mark all the important words in my bible by having them in a black font on a white background. Sometimes I have the words of Jesus in a red font.

they are all equally inspired, but not all equally inspiring

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS