ATTN Kyle: Is it a Monography Or Is it a Biblical Commentary; FL is missing a sales opportunity

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 1 2021 1:08 AM

There three (that I know of) books by Ralph Dale Davis on the first 37 Psalms which follow the Psalm format. Two of them are classified as monographs an one as a biblical commentary.  

The three resources are setup as Logos Research Editions, are setup with the same indices and setup with the same search fields. They should all be of type Bible Commentary.

Not only this but even though there is no official series title they should be grouped as a series.  I've added my own.  Reading the blurb for the fastest resource it is clear the publisher / author intended these resources to form part of a 'loose' series.

So fixing up the type to make it consistent and assigning a series title to these three resources, FL could then bundle them together and promote the bundle in order to attract sales of the older titles for those who only have the latest title and might not be aware of the older two titles or vice versa.

Posts 1550
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 9:58 AM

Thanks. We missed changing the resource type when they switched over from FLEB. They've been updated.

I'll have to think about how to handle the series title. They're not an official series, which is what we typically follow, but they're definitely a loose one and would most likely benefit from a series title.

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 10:11 AM

Thanks Kyle, appreciate issue of series title is not cleat cut.

Kyle G. Anderson:

Thanks. We missed changing the resource type when they switched over from FLEB. They've been updated.

I'll have to think about how to handle the series title. They're not an official series, which is what we typically follow, but they're definitely a loose one and would most likely benefit from a series title.

Posts 1100
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 10:36 AM

I have found a lot of these.  Especially from WS resources.  One writer might have 20 similar books, some are commentaries, some are monographs.  

Other sets are clearly commentaries but marked monographs.  Either Scroggie or WHGriffith-Thomas.

I stopped mentioning things like this.  I didn't feel like Logos listens to a lot of this.

Posts 32489
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 3:15 PM

Larry Craig:
I stopped mentioning things like this.  I didn't feel like Logos listens to a lot of this.

Interesting as many of the requests for changes are being done .. and some there is no indication that Kyle has even seen. I would suggest you put the requests on Roadmap | Faithlife Feedback as he seems to see everything and respond there.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5744
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 8:15 PM

I understand where you are coming from but I do raise them when I come across them and have time to do so.

I don’t like the way FL has handled the conversion of WS resources but given the approach they have chosen a

lot of WS books while in Logos are not yet fully converted, hence meta data

has not be correctly set. And even though I do hold FL to a high standard on these things and have strongly expressed my disapproval of their approach they have none the less respond and indicated they have or will address the problems I have raised. With meta data I try to limit my posts to books fully converted but occasionally may miss one is still a WS book in eBook format.

Larry Craig:

I have found a lot of these.  Especially from WS resources.  One writer might have 20 similar books, some are commentaries, some are monographs.  

Other sets are clearly commentaries but marked monographs.  Either Scroggie or WHGriffith-Thomas.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS