Repeatable Crash: Opening Biblical People

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:38 PM

I have multiple windows open across two monitors (see screen shots below).

The bulk of the windows are clippings and note files. I tested this using two different portions of biblical text to open 'My Passage Guide' (Luke 3:23-28, Matt 1:1-25). I did not try and open two 'My Passage Guides' in the one session. I was just playing around to see if the crash was repeatable (and trying to suss out what triggered it).

Opening the passage guide and then (once the passage guide had fully loaded) selecting 'Biblical People' resulted in a repeatable crash.

I have attached screen shots and logs.

I am not running Beta.

Thanks very much, in advance!

7853.Logos4.zip

6457.Logos4Crash.zip

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:51 PM

The problem arises when trying to open the floating window to display Biblical People. If you change to a single monitor does the problem arise? And if you go back to two monitors it re-occurs?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 11:03 PM

Dave Hooton:

The problem arises when trying to open the floating window to display Biblical People. If you change to a single monitor does the problem arise? And if you go back to two monitors it re-occurs?

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your kind assistance with this.

I can confirm that the problem still occurs with a single monitor set up. I have attached the logs for this particular crash.

6646.Logos4.zip

7318.Logos4Crash.zip

I have also tried opening Biblical People from a blank layout (on one monitor) and the crash repeats, I have attached the logs below. I have gone back to two monitors and can confirm that the same problem persists. It seems that I am unable to open Biblical People, full stop.

0081.Logos4.zip

0410.Logos4Crash.zip

It seems that the logs for all the crashes are substantially the same. The issue seems to be,

Error ID: 4466
Error detail: ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Strangely (or perhaps not), Biblical places and things open without incident.

I can also confirm that this issue has only occurred subsequent to installing 4.0d. I ran similar layouts without incident over two monitors over the previous incarnation(s).

Thanks again!

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 1:53 AM

I can reproduce your crash after selecting Biblical People = Holy Spirit (GodTheSpirit in the logs)!

So get away from this default by generating a Passage Guide with Numbers 12:3, opening the Biblical People section (or getting it from the Add menu), and selecting Moses!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:36 AM

Thanks again, Dave.

Just to confirm that I followed your instructions and Biblical People now appears to be working. I have run several searches from various layouts without incident.

Thank you once again for your kind assistance.

p.s. As this appears to be a genuine bug, do I need to log it with anyone or will Logos technical support pick it up from here?

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:43 AM

Andy Evans:
p.s. As this appears to be a genuine bug, do I need to log it with anyone or will Logos technical support pick it up from here?

They should - the magic word Crash is part of your title.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 11:00 AM

Dave Hooton:

I thought so.

Thanks, once again, your help is greatly appreciated.

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:29 PM

Andy Evans:

Dave Hooton:

I thought so.

OTOH, I sent an email to data@logos.com as per  http://www.logos.com/support/reportaproblem

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 10:51 AM

Crash reproduced and reported to development. Thanks.

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 12:54 AM

When will this be fixed (it is still crashing in 4.1 B8)?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 6:15 AM

I have now experiencing (the same?) problem with Logos crashing every time I attempt to open Biblical Places. I am able to open Biblical People without a problem but not Places. I am using 4.1 beta. Here is a log showing the crash.

Program Version: 4.1 Beta 8 (4.10.4.3924)
Windows Version: 6.0.6002.131072
Time: 2010-08-21 06:33:16
Installed memory: 3,962 MB
Install path: C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Logos4\System\Logos4.exe
Data path: C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\3v0oshfc.an2
Free disk space: 181,084 MB
Temp path: C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\
Free temp space: 181,084 MB

Error ID: 2735
Error detail: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Resources.PericopeSets.PericopeSetsResourceCore.<>c__DisplayClass47.<ExpandBibleReferencesToPericopes>b__3e(Pericope x)
   at Libronix.Utility.ListUtility.RemoveWhere[T](IList`1 list, Func`2 fn)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Resources.PericopeSets.PericopeSetsResourceCore.ExpandBibleReferencesToPericopes(PericopeSet pericopeSet, IEnumerable`1 seqReferences, IWorkState state)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Resources.PericopeSets.PericopeSetsResource.ExpandBibleReferencesToPericopes(PericopeSet pericopeSet, IEnumerable`1 seqReferences, IWorkState state)
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPanelsInfoUtility.ToPericopes(IEnumerable`1 seqReferences, PericopeSetsResource resPericopeSets, PericopeSet pericopeSet, IWorkState state)
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPanelsInfoUtility.<>c__DisplayClass4e.<GetNamedBysRichText>b__37(IGrouping`2 x)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPanelsInfoUtility.<GetNamedBysRichText>d__58.MoveNext()
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPanelsInfoUtility.<GetNamesRichText>d__1b.MoveNext()
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPanelsInfoUtility.<GetIdentityRichText>d__3.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPlacesPanel.PlaceInfoUtility.GeneratePlaceInfo(Place place, PeopleResource resPeople, PlacesResource resPlaces, ThingsResource resThings, LogosControlledVocabularyResource resLcv, LibraryCatalog catalog, KeyLinkManager keyLinkManager, TransliterationManager transliterationManager, IWorkState state, ResourceManager resourceManager, ResourceLists resourceLists)
   at LDLS4.Panels.BiblicalPlacesPanel.BiblicalPlacesViewModel.<UpdatePlaceWork>d__28.MoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.EnumMoveNext()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncWorkerTask`1.ContinueExecution()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncAction.Continue()
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.ThreadPoolAsyncAction.<Start>b__0(Object )
   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.GroupedThreadPool.ExecuteNextCallback(Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 7:38 AM

This looks like the same problem as reported here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/21817.aspx

I get this when opening Biblical People, Places or Things from the tools menu.

According to the above thread a fix is in the works for the next beta.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 7:58 AM

Thanks, Richard.

On my first attempt (by clicking on the title listed in Passage Guide), the program crashed again. On my second attempt, I clicked on an image appearing the in Passage Guide, AND IT WORKED! To confirm the process, I re-opened Places from the search bar. It worked. Then I re-entered "Samaria" and choose the first option ("captial of northern kingdom"). Crashed again. Any attempts to re-open caused another crash. Restarted. Went back to Passage Guide and clicked on an image. First time failed. Second time worked. I think I'll stay away from Samaria until the kingdom is restored to Davidic rule--or by Logos's tech support! Appreciate the assistance.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:06 AM

Bradley indicated in another thread that this will be fixed in the next Beta

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 5:39 AM

Fred Chapman:
Bradley indicated in another thread that this will be fixed in the next Beta

Let's get this in perspective. Andy's problem is with Biblical People in 4.0d. This problem is NOT fixed in 4.1 beta 9 or 10.

The others are crashing in Biblical Places which is a 4.1 beta 8 issue that is resolved in 4.1 beta 9.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:59 PM

Dave Hooton:
Andy's problem is with Biblical People in 4.0d. This problem is NOT fixed in 4.1 beta 9 or 10.

Logos have stated that it will be fixed by a future resource update.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19252
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:13 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dave Hooton:
Andy's problem is with Biblical People in 4.0d. This problem is NOT fixed in 4.1 beta 9 or 10.

Logos have stated that it will be fixed by a future resource update.

That resource update has come. A new Biblical People database downloaded today (among other things) and this crashing bug is gone (tested it with "Holy Spirit" which was crashing regularly on my machine before).

Posts 26684
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:26 AM

Rosie Perera:
this crashing bug is gone (tested it with "Holy Spirit" which was crashing regularly on my machine before).

The Trinity has been restored!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS