Virtual Screen Layout Question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
ALC Princeton | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 1 2021 7:06 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to save a default layout for virtual screens?

Having to go and redo the layout every time I add a song or scripture is becoming a major hassle. Especially when some of my volunteers don't remember to change the layout, then we end of with floating lyrics covering up the stream.

Posts 767
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2021 7:22 PM

Yes, you can go to Settings > Default Media.

Here you can choose the default Smart Media template that is used per-screen and per service item type!

If you already have something styled, but not saved as Smart Media yet, you can right-click on the slide and hit `Customize Smart Media...` and save it. Then go back to settings and pick it as the new default.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 At 7.21.53 PM

Additionally, you can just pick some Smart Media from the Media Browser already formatted by search for 'lower thirds'

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 2
ALC Princeton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 6:03 AM

Hi Jordan,

I tried that, but it is still formatting the Slides and the Virtual Screen the same when I add a new item.

For songs, we don't show the lyrics, but every time I add a new song, the default selected virtual screen is Duplicate.

For scriptures, the slides are supposed to be full screen while the virtual screen is lower thirds, but when I add new scripture items, it is always full screen on both.

Posts 79
Sean Metcalfe(Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 6:23 AM

Hi ALC Princeton,

Have you seen this article: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007374171-Can-I-Change-the-Default-Media-for-My-Service-Items- 

You should be able to assign a template to slides and a different one to virtual screens for your service items. I'm not sure if you are saying you don't show lyrics in your Live Stream virtual screens or just overall, either way you could apply a transparent background for those if you want video to come through. For your scripture slides, you can apply your full screen to "slides" for bible items and then toggle to your virtual screen and apply your lower third background you'd like to use.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS