verbum 9 and logos 9 on the same laptop

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 336
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 2 2021 5:24 PM

If I install verbum 9 and logos 9 on the same laptop With all the new base software engine development over the years . Does logos 9 library And verbum 9 now share the same installed library as efficient software I have logos 9 on my laptop, I have purchased over time many verbum base library packages , all the books are in my logos 9 library If I install the verbum software will this use the books from my logos 9 library which seems to make sense Or will verbum install all my books again 

Mick

Mick
Posts 5847
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 5:33 PM

Mick,

It will install them again to my knowledge as the installation program does not provide an option to specify the re-use of the same directory of resources. if i am wrong someone please speak up.

Whether there is an unsupported hack around this limitation is a separate matter and I don’t know, I’ll leave it to those who delve into those things to speak up if one exist.

If you want to switch between Interfaces you can use the SET VERBUM TO YES (NO) command.

Michael Parry-Thomas:

If I install verbum 9 and logos 9 on the same laptop With all the new base software engine development over the years . Does logos 9 library And verbum 9 now share the same installed library as efficient software I have logos 9 on my laptop, I have purchased over time many verbum base library packages , all the books are in my logos 9 library If I install the verbum software will this use the books from my logos 9 library which seems to make sense Or will verbum install all my books again 

Mick

Posts 33271
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 5:39 PM

Michael Parry-Thomas:
If I install the verbum software will this use the books from my logos 9 library which seems to make sense Or will verbum install all my books again 

FL treats it as two separate installations with separate libraries. It does sync them as it does with all your installations.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 336
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 6:13 PM

Hi

I would like to use more of  verbum , would it be best to 

Have another account with only verbum resources  in it .

Or is it better to have a layout in logos 9 which would make use of 

the main verbum  features ,

Or Is it best to study verbum  on its own , 

So many ways to do things which will give the best study experience

Just thinking out load 

Thank you 

Mick
Posts 5552
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 6:23 PM

Michael Parry-Thomas:

No.

Michael Parry-Thomas:

Or is it better to have a layout in logos 9 which would make use of 

the main verbum  features ,

Impossible.

Posts 19388
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 8:02 PM

Michael Parry-Thomas:

Or is it better to have a layout in logos 9 which would make use of the main verbum  features ,

Logos 9 Command: Set Verbum to YES allows Logos 9 & Verbum 9 to be essentially identical, except for the Logo (one could be in Light Mode while the other is in Dark Mode).

Personally have two Faithlife accounts: my purchased library is in Logos 9 on my iMac while my demonstration library is in Verbum 9. Demonstration order total is $0.00 (useful subset of features & library resources: nearly half in the Cloud).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12079
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 11:13 PM

Michael Parry-Thomas:

I would like to use more of  verbum , would it be best to 

As others have said, you can have Logos behave as if it was Verbum - put practically speaking, there's no relevant difference between the look and feel of the program. There are no specific "Verbum resources" - there are resources. Some may come from a high-church or Catholic perspective, some not.  If you have the gigabytes free, you may install Verbum as a software and have all the resources and features you already paid for in Logos now in Verbum, too - no use paying again for all of it. 

You might build a Layout, or a number of them, with focus more on Church Fathers, the CCC etc.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS