Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1123
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 3 2021 10:39 AM

is there a way to create a visual filter for a phrase?

I want one for The Lord of Hosts.

I tried one for Behold the days are coming, by patching together things.  Seems it hits a lot of other things too.

If I don't respond right away, it's because I don't get notifications anymore. 

Nobody knows why.

Posts 151
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 11:15 AM

Create a visual filter for "of hosts".  Include the double quotes.

That should give you all the LORD of hosts, and a few "Lord GOD of hosts" and "God of hosts".

Bob

Posts 151
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 11:31 AM

If you want to see the whole phrase highlighted, then use "lord of hosts" and "god of hosts" in the filter.

And be sure match case is unchecked.

Bob

Posts 151
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 12:18 PM

And for Behold the days are coming, I would just create a filter for "days are coming".  (Including double quotes).

This gets you things like "the days are coming" without behold in the text (from Luke 17:22, for example).  

There's 24 hits in my ESV for "days are coming".

Bob

Posts 1123
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 12:33 PM

thank you

Posts 19401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2021 6:55 AM

Bob:

Create a visual filter for "of hosts".  Include the double quotes.

That should give you all the LORD of hosts, and a few "Lord GOD of hosts" and "God of hosts".

Quotes can also be used with Lemma and Roots: e.g. search Lexham Hebrew Bible for

(<Lemma = lbs/he/יהוה> OR "<Lemma = lbs/he/יהוה> <Lemma = lbs/he/אֱלֹהִים>" OR <Lemma = lbs/he/אֱלֹהִים>) BEFORE 2 CHARS <Lemma = lbs/he/צָבָא>

Screen shot shows phrase "<Lemma = lbs/he/יהוה> <Lemma = lbs/he/אֱלֹהִים>" found in Psalms 59:6, 80:5, 80:20, & 89:9 (Hebrew verse numbers can be a bit different as Hebrew verse 1 in Psalms is the title in English translations).

Noticed Lexham English Bible (LEB) appears a bit inconsistent for italicizing "of": e.g. Malachi 3:17 is not italicized while Psalm 59:6 is italicized (as are some other Psalms).

English Bibles have variety of phrase translations: e.g.

("Lord of hosts","Yahweh of hosts","Jehovah of hosts","Lord of Sabaoth") OR ("Lord God of hosts","Yahweh God of hosts","Jehovah God of hosts") OR "God of hosts"

New Living Translation has "Heaven's Armies" instead of "hosts" so Visual Filter phrase search could be expanded.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS