Excellent!

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 6:38 PM

Mattillo:

DAL:

Mattillo:

I wish these would show in Faithlife TV

They do 👍😁👌 at least mine do.

Which ones did you get that are showing?

All that I’ve bought are showing.  There’s a Zondervan section now, but my Basics of Biblical Greek and Hebrew are not show there, they are showing under courses owned.  So maybe FL can configure them to show under the new Zondervan Courses section.  Great videos, but I’ll be using my iPad to watch them.  Crispier image and sound, no buffering like it happens in my Roku TV.

DAL

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 7:22 AM

I'm wondering if there is an advantage to having these Zondervan video course in Logos vs just getting them from Zondervan.  Are the videos tagged in such a way that if, for example, I'm doing a study of a passage in Isaiah and I have the Zondervan video course on Isaiah, will Logos tagging provide references to the video course?

I'm interested in the Isaiah course... currently $72 in Logos, $50 from Zondervan--so just trying to ascertain the advantage (if any) of having it in Logos.

Posts 217
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 2:30 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Are the videos tagged in such a way that if, for example, I'm doing a study of a passage in Isaiah and I have the Zondervan video course on Isaiah, will Logos tagging provide references to the video course?

I am also interested in answers to a question like this. The other question would be: Do these have transcripts? My suspicion for both questions is that the answer is "no," but would love confirmation either way.

Even for just digital videos, this sale offers really good prices.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 4709
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 3:18 PM

I can say for sure that there are no transcripts. I  highly doubt that they would show in a passage search as well but I haven’t tested that. They come through as a media collection. Regardless the price is too good for me to pass up. The quality of these is better in the sense that there is no sterile background. They always follow a book too so if you have the book you should be ok

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 4:04 PM

The “transcript” is the book, even though the lectures are not the book presented word for word.

DAL

Posts 235
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 4:13 PM

I bought the Moo video on Romans, and so far this is excellent. Romans is his specialty, and I am a Moo fan, but the video is extremely well produced and pleasing to watch. I have a number of Logos Mobile ed videos, this is way better so far. 5 star recommendation from me for sure!

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 8:26 PM

Pater Noster:

I bought the Moo video on Romans, and so far this is excellent. Romans is his specialty, and I am a Moo fan, but the video is extremely well produced and pleasing to watch. I have a number of Logos Mobile ed videos, this is way better so far. 5 star recommendation from me for sure!

Does Moo speak slow like he does on the Mobile Ed version of Romans? He speaks slow and in my other Spanish version he speaks even slower. I guess translation had something to do with it.

DAL

Posts 235
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 8 2021 4:30 AM

DAL:
Does Moo speak slow like he does on the Mobile Ed version of Romans? He speaks slow and in my other Spanish version he speaks even slower. I guess translation had something to do with it.

You can watch to see if you think it's too fast or slow, the second episode of the study is on the product page here.

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 8 2021 8:31 AM

Pater Noster:

DAL:

You can watch to see if you think it's too fast or slow, the second episode of the study is on the product page here.

Thanks! I watched it and he does speak a little slow, but at least in English he still sounds natural.  In the Spanish version the translator’s voice drags a little bit.  If I didn’t have the mobile ed course already I’d but this one too.

DAL

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 7:13 AM

DAL:

Jan Krohn:

DIsciple II:
Some reasonable discounts but I think the base price for these is too high so I’ll give this sale a miss.

As long as you can get the same videos on DVD for less, I'm not interested either.

Are there even transcripts included? Doesn't seem like there are.

Actually they are offering DVD prices on most of them from what I can see in CBD website.  So it may not be such a bad sale after all.

DAL

Ps. The videos are companions to the corresponding textbook. Some are available in Logos others are not.

Pricing for DVD Video Book Study on Isaiah

$50.00 Zondervan

$71.99 Logos

$72.99 CBD

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 7:30 AM

Close enough 😉

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 8:06 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I'm wondering if there is an advantage to having these Zondervan video course in Logos vs just getting them from Zondervan.  Are the videos tagged in such a way that if, for example, I'm doing a study of a passage in Isaiah and I have the Zondervan video course on Isaiah, will Logos tagging provide references to the video course?

I'm interested in the Isaiah course... currently $72 in Logos, $50 from Zondervan--so just trying to ascertain the advantage (if any) of having it in Logos.

There is a huge advantage — 1) you get to own them! Zondervan has a subscription to stream the videos but once you stop paying you lose access to the videos; and 2) Logos is better than DVD. You scratch the DVD and Zondervan won’t replace it, with Logos you just re-download your license and you can watch them on all your devices! Besides, after a while, some DVDs cannot be read by newer DVD players.  I bought a Spiderman movie DVD years ago and it cannot be read with the new DVD player that I have.  Good thing I got the digital copy to stream it! So the slight price discrepancy is totally worth it; especially, when you consider the Logos’s regular price tag 🏷 

I bought quite a few of them and I’ll pretty much own them, so no worries about me losing access or damaging the DVD.  And my Roku device is working fine now, so it’s even better to watch the courses on a bigger screen 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 5:08 AM

Yes... "owning" vs "subscribing" is important to me as well.

In the pricing comparisons I listed above, all are ownership models--just a matter of whether or not they are contained "in" Logos.  While I suppose there is a risk of damaging a DVD, I can't recall ever damaging a disc at all (not even among the hundreds of music CDs and video DVDs I've created using a burning process), let alone damaging one to the point of it not playing.  But if I went the DVD route, the first thing I would do is rip a digital copy unless Zondervan employs DCR on it's DVDs that prevent it.  I would check on that before purchasing from them because I wouldn't want to be limited to playing directly from the DVDs.

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2021 6:25 PM

With the ones I had and a few I purchased from this sale, I now have 23 lectures 👍😁👌 Maybe I’ll add more during a future sale.  I have the textbooks for a few, so I might as well start watching them and brush up on some topics I haven’t studied in a long time.  Great sale!

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS