I need a system but I am not sure where to start (Notes/highlighting)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1364
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 4 2021 5:38 AM

How many highlights/notes do you have? I ask because I have 7,813 Highlights and 3,023 notes. Is it unusual to have that many highlights? I am thinking I am to quick to highlight.....

Most of my notes are in a bible, I like the way I have this set up. My bible is "grand central" for my notes. I paste out of commentaries into the note and use it as a roadmap. If I preach through a passage again I see the important stuff there....

Its the highlighting that is unwieldly. Most of these are in books which makes me wonder if I should start doing a single note file for each book with chapter summaries instead of highlights through the book. 

Any thoughts? 

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 4:10 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
I have 7,813 Highlights and 3,023 notes. Is it unusual to have that many highlights? I am thinking I am to quick to highlight....Most of my notes are in a bible, I like the way I have this set up.

Which implies you are quick to highlight! But does it follow a system that conveys information in the absence of explicit notes? Do you use Labels? Highlights and Labels are searchable if systematically applied, and can direct your study with commentaries and Notes.

Mike Tourangeau:
Most of these are in books which makes me wonder if I should start doing a single note file for each book with chapter summaries instead of highlights through the book. 

I would revise the use of highlights, deleting many and (re-)applying them more systematically. I don't see the need to alter your note taking.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1364
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 8:13 PM

Dave Hooton:
I would revise the use of highlights, deleting many and (re-)applying them more systematically

I agree, thanks for your input.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS