I hope Logos is headed down the "Gab" path and moving away from the "Parler" path

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 112
David Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 5 2021 5:02 AM

The recent Parler situation has been illustrative about the need to escape the clutches of Big Tech since it seems likely that Logos will be targeted at some point.

Parler made two fatal mistakes:

- They were on Big Tech cloud servers

- They had a native app

Gab, on the other hand, made the opposite choices and Big Tech can't touch them.  They don't have a native app and they run their own servers.

I hope Logos is paying attention and will start focusing hard on the web app (that needs to be mobile friendly) and moving to its own web servers (I'm assuming Logos is on Big Tech cloud boxes).

Posts 5320
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 5:24 AM

David Miller:
it seems likely that Logos will be targeted at some point.

🤨

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 508
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 6:58 AM

David, 

Don't you know? History doesn't repeat itself, and even if it did, this isn't the forum to discuss that, as the local finger-waggers will be happy to tell you. How dare you apply current events and growing secularism with a helping of religious hostility to our pristine and unsullied forum! This is our place to put our heads in the sand! Such fantasies can never happen in our modern and enlightened age. MVPs have said so.

Posts 439
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 8:14 AM

Please don't turn this into a political thread. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 5320
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 1:09 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Please don't turn this into a political thread. 

Alchemy isn't a thing, so transmutation isn't an option. It also isn't necessary, as it began as a political thread.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5319
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 1:46 AM

David Paul:
Alchemy isn't a thing,

This is not the place to discuss theology.

Perhaps it might be the place to discuss the sad lack of resources in Faithlife's store that explain how to make Alchemy work.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS