Link Bible versions so that they scroll simultaneously together

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Dana H | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 10 2021 7:49 AM

Hi all.

Context for my question: I use my Logos mobile app (currently vers. 9.4.1 on iPhone) mainly during church, and particularly when the NT is being read. I like to have a Bible open (usually ESV) along with the Greek NT (SBL ed.), not for research per se, but primarily as a way to have my eyes on Greek (in hopes of keeping alive my diminishing Greek skills). I can't say exactly when, but at some point in the last year or so (missed a lot of church during Covid), the two stopped behaving as linked resources. In other words, when I scroll through the ESV the GNT no longer keeps in sync. Is there a way to correct that? It used to work that way but no longer does.

Posts 29494
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 7:57 AM

Welcome! Smile

Dana H:
the two stopped behaving as linked resources. In other words, when I scroll through the ESV the GNT no longer keeps in sync. Is there a way to correct that?

Resources don't always scroll together... you have to create a "link set." You do this in the tab viewer. 

• Press the center button (looks like two pages)
  • Click on the chain icon upper left corner
  • Press on the resource tabs for any items that you want to move together.
  • Press "done." 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24778
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 7:57 AM

Hi Dana - and welcome to the forums. 

Have you checked the two resources are linked in the tab manager?

Graham

Posts 2
Dana H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 8:08 AM

Wow! Thanks for the prompt replies. I am embarrassed to say that about five minutes after posting, I was reading another post here somewhere that got me looking at that tabs menu again (after I had looked at it at numerous times yesterday!) when I noticed that link icon at the top left. In trying to figure this out I had spent most of my time scrounging through the options under the three vertical dot icon (to the right of the text ref/search box) or the three horizontal bar icon at the bottom right of the screen. I couldn't figure out how to delete my post before you all replied! Thanks again, and hopefully it will help someone else. God bless you all!

Posts 24778
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 8:44 AM

Glad you have it working again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS