Zondervan Videos - I recommend Contemporary Theology Video Lectures

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 96
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 10 2021 2:40 PM

Among the Zondervan Videos on sale, I purchased a few because the price was good and the content useful. I thought Michael Bird was particularly good with his Evangelical Theology because he has good content and he is easy to listen to.

But I also thought the course Contemporary Theology Video Lectures was both interesting and useful in content, since it is an area outside of my normal reading. The course is actually quite dense with material. I would recommend you check it out here. It's a great value for $36.

https://www.logos.com/product/185315/contemporary-theology-video-lectures

Posts 2250
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 5:51 PM

I also picked this up as it seems to include a lot of good information with which I am not as familiar as I would like to be.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 8145
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 6:48 AM

Thank you I have a few more days to think about this one. It looks very interesting plus a couple of other ones I’m looking at.

DAL

Posts 579
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 7:16 AM

Is the Michael Bird Lectures based on his 1st or 2nd edition of the his systematic theology? its had to tell from the table of contents, the videos were produced on 2019 and his 2nd edition was published in 2020.

Posts 8145
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 7:40 AM

Bobby Terhune:

Is the Michael Bird Lectures based on his 1st or 2nd edition of the his systematic theology? its had to tell from the table of contents, the videos were produced on 2019 and his 2nd edition was published in 2020.

That one is 1st Edition not the second.  I have the DVD too.  Same material!

Posts 579
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 10:38 AM

Thanks, I think i will still pick it up.

Posts 609
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 12:52 PM

I looked at the Contemporary Theology course but the professor comes across a bit robotic to me. 

I wasn’t sure if I would be able to force myself to go through the whole thing. The material that he covers is very interesting to me but his delivery style is dry. 

Dr. Birds lecture style is much more warmer in my Opinion. He comes across with a lot of passion about his subject. 

Just my opinion, no intent of being nasty. 

Jesse 

Posts 8145
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 2:10 PM

Jesse Blevins:

I looked at the Contemporary Theology course but the professor comes across a bit robotic to me. 

I wasn’t sure if I would be able to force myself to go through the whole thing. The material that he covers is very interesting to me but his delivery style is dry. 

Dr. Birds lecture style is much more warmer in my Opinion. He comes across with a lot of passion about his subject. 

Jesse 

Maybe his teleprompter is going a bit too fast too steady for him 😂 I like content and have sat through more difficult speakers style wise.  I think I can handle MacGregor 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 609
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 6:45 PM

DAL:

Jesse Blevins:

Jesse 

Maybe his teleprompter is going a bit too fast too steady for him 😂 I like content and have sat through more difficult speakers style wise.  I think I can handle MacGregor 👍😁👌

DAL

I don't have his book either so that would mean that I would have to spend a considerable amount of money to take his course. At this point I can't make myself do it. LOL! 

Blessings on you DAL. 

Posts 8145
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 4:21 PM

I picked that one along with this other one.  Very informative: https://www.logos.com/product/185357/theology-in-the-context-of-world-christianity-video-lectures

DAL

Posts 609
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 6:14 PM

DAL:

I picked that one along with this other one.  Very informative: https://www.logos.com/product/185357/theology-in-the-context-of-world-christianity-video-lectures

DAL

That one looks interesting to me also. I hope that they offer these videos on sale again. If so, then I would be interested in picking this one up. 

Jesse  

Posts 8145
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 6:35 PM

Jesse Blevins:

DAL:

DAL

That one looks interesting to me also. I hope that they offer these videos on sale again. If so, then I would be interested in picking this one up. 

Jesse  

Yes! More sales like this! I’ll focus on books of the Bible next time around.  This time I focused on theology, surveys and topical; but would also like to get some book studies and theology by Bock and others.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS