BUG: Copy Bible Verses tool loses final Greek semi-colon (·) in UBS5

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 47
John Percival | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 11 2021 4:28 PM

When using the "Copy Bible Verses" tool to copy verses (in any style) from UBS5, the final Greek semi-colon (·) from a verse is never included. It is included in the middle of a verse. e.g., Rom 7:18

This problem does not occur with NA28. Is this a bug with UBS5 resource?

Thanks!

Posts 32561
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2021 6:14 PM

bumping for attention 11

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26712
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2021 3:59 PM

John Percival:
This problem does not occur with NA28. Is this a bug with UBS5 resource?

I don't have UBS5, but it does not occur with UBS4. Try the command Reindex UBS5 in the GO Box, and see if re-indexing it makes a difference.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 47
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2021 4:08 PM

I can confirm it is not a problem with UBS4, just UBS5. Reindexing has not made a difference.

Posts 47
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2021 2:07 PM

After a conversation with customer support, it turns out that the problem is not with the copy Bible verses tool specifically, but with the UBS5 resource.

Notice the absence of the Greek semi-colon (·) after τάχει in 1 Tim 3:14, and after μυστήριον in 1 Tim 3:16. Also visible in the image from the print edition is a semi-colon at the end of 1 Tim 2:15 which is absent in the Logos UBS5 text. The image is taken from here:

https://youtu.be/7wcicL4t7DI?t=532

Posts 26712
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2021 6:24 PM

I thought you would have noticed the absence of semi-colon in the Logos UBS5 resource(!?). Report it as a typo* with an appropriate comment that it occurs in other places.

* select the word, right-click, choose Selection on the left and Report typo on the right.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 47
John Percival | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2021 11:18 PM

Yes, I thought I had double-checked that it wasn't a resource problem. But clearly I didn't do that properly. Maybe I got confused between UBS4, UBS5, NA27 & NA28 that I had open at various points. Hopefully the resource will get corrected in due course.

Posts 1559
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 8:21 AM

Thanks. We'll get this updated.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS