We have become friends through the forum

Page 4 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 412 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:40 PM

Schönen Gruß Tes!

Ich bin in San Francisco und studiere Sytematische Theologie an der GTU.

(see if you non-Germans can figure out the above, it's pretty close to the English)

Hab zehn Jahre in Deutschland gewohnt (Berlin und München) bevor ich nach Kalifornien zurückgezogen bin.

-Haifisch

Posts 27954
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:45 PM

shark tacos:
Sytematische Theologie an der GTU

Which school  are you enrolled through? I know some profs there.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:53 PM

MJ. Smith:
Which school  are you enrolled through? I know some profs there.

I'm at PLTS, but I know several profs in SFTS, CDSP, and JTSB too.

Posts 1
Beneyam Befikadu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 2:44 AM

Greet5ing from Ethiopia,Addis Ababa

This is Beneyam the last 15years am pastoring in the Glory of the Later House Reformation Churchof Addis Ababa-Ethiopia (East Africa).I want to be a part of you.

May God bless you

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:12 AM

Blessings.

I'm from Bayamón, Puerto Rico pastoring the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church in Magnolia Gardens (Bayamón) for the last two years. Used to be a Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Puerto Rico.

Fernando

Posts 4725
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 8:22 AM

David P. Moore:

Fred Chapman:

Warrior, Alabama (thats about 25 miles north of Birmingham)

USA

Fred, I live in Huntsville, AL. Are you coming to the Logos conference tomorrow?

I was not able to come this time. I am watching for future dates that are close by. Huntsville is a great city. In my career prior to entering the ministry I had a office in Madison that handled the Huntsville / Decatur market and a good portion of the northern end of AL. Are you at the church that is sponsoring the conference?

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:11 AM

shark tacos:

(see if you non-Germans can figure out the above, it's pretty close to the English)

let's see, you have "been itchin' in San Francisco and are a studly systematic theologian and . . ." sorry, didn't get the rest.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:36 AM

Dan DeVilder:
let's see, you have "been itchin' in San Francisco and are a studly systematic theologian and . . ." sorry, didn't get the rest.

LOL Yes, that's exactly right. Here's a German beer for you Beer

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:11 AM

Beneyam Befikadu:

This is Beneyam the last 15years am pastoring in the Glory of the Later House Reformation Churchof Addis Ababa-Ethiopia (East Africa).I want to be a part of you.

May God bless you

Welcome!

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:20 AM

Beneyam Befikadu:

May God bless you

Beneyam, welcome to the forum. In April we have visited Ethiopia  with a group of pastors from England, Hungary and Czech Republic. I have been really blessed as we ministered and fellowshipped with many wonderful people of your country. Let God bless you and keep you as you minister to Him in your great nation.

Best greetings to you from the Czech Republic Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 11:38 AM

Beneyam Befikadu:

May God bless you

Likewise, Beneyam, welcome!  I know Tes through this forum.  Beyond that, I used to teach and live at a residential school (kind of like a boarding school) for at-risk children.  Most of them were Ethiopian or Eritrean.  I learned a few words here and there, and also got to taste doro wat and injara, and other Ethiopian foods.  Mmmmm Good!  Some of them (boys and girls) were excellent soccer players, too.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2956
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 5:49 PM

shark tacos:

Schönen Gruß Tes!

Hab zehn Jahre in Deutschland gewohnt (Berlin und München) bevor ich nach Kalifornien zurückgezogen bin.

-Haifisch

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE LAO MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Dankeschön Derr Herr Segne Dich.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 18826
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:23 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Beneyam Befikadu:

May God bless you

Likewise, Beneyam, welcome!  I know Tes through this forum.  Beyond that, I used to teach and live at a residential school (kind of like a boarding school) for at-risk children.  Most of them were Ethiopian or Eritrean.  I learned a few words here and there, and also got to taste doro wat and injara, and other Ethiopian foods.  Mmmmm Good!  Some of them (boys and girls) were excellent soccer players, too.

I join in welcoming you. Tes is eager to see an Amharic Bible in Logos format, and I guess you would be interested in that too. I too have enjoyed Ethiopian food at Kokeb restaurant in Seattle and Nyala restaurant in Vancouver. I took a summer class at my seminary on the History of Christianity in Africa a few years ago and learned about the ancient history of Christianity in the area of Ethiopia & Eritrea. I had known nothing about it before (apart from the story of the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8). God bless.

Posts 520
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 7:46 PM

Fred Chapman:

David P. Moore:

Fred Chapman:

Warrior, Alabama (thats about 25 miles north of Birmingham)

USA

Fred, I live in Huntsville, AL. Are you coming to the Logos conference tomorrow?

I was not able to come this time. I am watching for future dates that are close by. Huntsville is a great city. In my career prior to entering the ministry I had a office in Madison that handled the Huntsville / Decatur market and a good portion of the northern end of AL. Are you at the church that is sponsoring the conference?

I attend  Murphy Hill Baptist church in Toney, about 15 miles north of Huntsville, where I am a Sunday School teacher. The conference is great. Moe is gifted at what he does. A lot of basic stuff today, but great for reinforcement, and learned a few tricks too. Perhaps we will get to meet at one of these seminars.

Posts 1
Beneyam Befikadu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 10:28 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Beneyam Befikadu:

May God bless you

Welcome!

Hi Richard

Thank you and God bless you!

Posts 2956
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 10:28 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Beneyam Befikadu:

May God bless you

Welcome!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4
Rolf Tekle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 11:44 AM

Rosie Perera:
Likewise

Hey .! My Name is Rolf Tekle .! I Living in Germany . Were three years on the Bible School . I already visit in Ethiopia - and like Injera and Doro Wot . I was two years on Mission Work in Slowakia - Rwanda and have lifed sometime in Canada - Williams Lake B.C. I Greetings everything in the Community Logos . Gods Belessing .!

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 11:55 AM

Welcome Rolf here. Finally we have somebody who would ask Logos for Slovak Bible Translations Smile

I live about 30 km from the Slovak borders and have many pastors - friends there.

Bohuslav

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
Elliot Ritzema (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 12:52 PM

I live in Bellingham, WA and I've worked at Logos in the Design and Editorial department since April.  I was a Logos user for four years before that.

Bohuslav Wojnar:

I live and pastor the church in Cesky Tesin, the oldest town of the Ostrava metropolitan area in the Czech Republic. This year our church celebrated 100 years of existence and our town 1200 years since its legendary beginning. It used to be the capital of the Austrian Silesia. Our town is devided between Czech Republic and Poland, it used to be called in the past Teshen in German or Cieszyn in Polish.

You can find some more information about Silesia here and about the Teschen Silesia (The Duchy of Teshen) here.

Bohuslav, I have been through your town.  I used to live and teach English as a second language in Prague, and took the train between there and Budapest several times.  I have many stamps in my passport from Cesky Tesin, but unfortunately I never got off the train.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 1:19 PM

Elliot Ritzema:
Bohuslav, I have been through your town.  I used to live and teach English as a second language in Prague, and took the train between there and Budapest several times.  I have many stamps in my passport from Cesky Tesin, but unfortunately I never got off the train.

Wow, that's great to hear. Be glad you got those stamps in those days. No stamps anymore now. We are part of Schengen and at our borders with Poland there is no police anymore. What a change from the times I still remember when they would shoot you if you would try to cross the river...

Bohuslav

Page 4 of 21 (413 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS