Copy-Paste from One Note to Another Does Not Preserve Carriage Returns Since Full Feature Upgrade to Logos 9

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2021 12:54 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Chuck:
Now, since the Full Feature Upgrade to Logos 9, when I copy-paste from one note to another, pasting strips carriage returns, slamming paragraphs together with no double-spacing between them.

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce the issue with double spacing and created a case.

Thank you. A fix soon would be most welcome. Thanks again.

Posts 76
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 4:01 AM

Any updates on a solution? There's been a number of releases since its been acknowledged but no fix yet. Thanks. 

Posts 76
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:13 PM

Bump

Posts 76
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:14 PM

Bump

Posts 76
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:15 PM

Bumping as a reminder

Posts 36311
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2022 10:50 PM

Philana normally will update this thread when it is fixed. Because we do not know what code is being worked on for other projects or precisely how the code is packaged, we are in no position to assume the relationship between releases and patches for this specific issue. There are almost never any updates on the status until it appears in the beta change notes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 76
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:09 PM

Thanks MJ. Pardon the repeated posts that was not my intention. Not sure if it's related to my cookies but it never posted my first reply after I submitted it for some reason.

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:17 AM

This has gone on for months now and is a real downer to productivity. It seems that a word processing change like this should be a relatively minor fix.

Posts 5647
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2022 12:54 AM

Well over a year and this PRODUCTIVITY KILLER still remains active and unresolved. Class action, anyone?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 599
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2022 5:55 AM

These sorts of things might seem like a small, easy fix (and maybe it is in this case but is getting knocked down the priority list for various reasons) but having dealt with character encoding some for hobby projects... I found it to have a lot more complexity than I would have thought.

OP says "carriage returns" aren't preserved. On Unix, I don't think carriage return (\r or 0x0d) is common, but I think I've read in the past that Windows does tend to insert it, followed by the new line character (\n or 0x0a) when a user presses 'enter'. I wrote a small program in Rust that grabs what's on the system clipboard (it's just a couple lines of code with clipboard crate) and print out the hex values.

When I copied some text from Logos notes on Windows that had line breaks, the carriage returns and line breaks were in fact there. There were some other things there too in some of the copies (like non-breaking white space) and stripping out the carriage returns and simply having the new line character in the text seemed to fix the issue when pasting the content back into a Logos note. But then my short program didn't preserve the superscript unicodes and even a cursory thought of how I might do that and then the other issues I might run into with a program dealing with Greek, Latin, etc. and I noped-out.

Anyway, maybe it's not the copy-out that's the problem, but more specifically the paste in portion of what Logos is doing. 

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2022 7:05 AM

The thing is, it worked in Logos 8 Notes. The whole point of the software is to enhance study flow and make it more efficient, not divert attention and waste time with the mundane task of reformatting something I already formatted when I originally wrote it!

Posts 5647
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2022 1:52 PM

EXACTLY!! And it's for this reason...we already HAD the features and utility we desired, needed, and used on a daily basis that was part of an entrenched workflow, and we had these basic, work-a-day functions ripped from our lives...that I feel like FL should have literally stopped the production line on everything else until this issue was resolved.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2022 2:12 PM

Agreed!

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS