Some books shedding light on the Israel-Palestine Conflict (to vote for)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 253
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 3:59 AM

Good choices!

Posts 239
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 5:27 AM

Do you know of any resources that Logos already has that might have insight into the current conflict? 

Posts 1072
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 12:14 PM

Great list. I actually have Faith in the Face of Empire in Kindle and just haven't read it yet. Maybe I'll get around to reading it one of these days.

Posts 1188
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 3:07 PM

i added my votes. I see there is much written (though not in my tradition) equating the modern state of Israel with the Biblical promises, but so not much gets mentioned about the Palestinian Christians in the region. So these could be informative.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 5:41 PM

I've just added two more recommendations, both by Rev. Dr. Stephen Sizer, whom I've met. He came to a screening of the film "With God on Our Side" (which he is featured in) at Westminster Chapel in Bellevue WA some years ago and did a Q&A after the film, along with the filmmaker, Kevin Miller. Excellent film, also includes Palestinian Christian Salim Munayer (whose book Through My Enemy's Eyes: Envisioning Reconciliation in Israel-Palestine I listed above) and Gary Burge (Whose Land? Whose Promise? listed above).

Zion's Christian Soldiers?: The Bible, Israel and the Church

Christian Zionism: Road-map to Armageddon?

As you might guess, these resources and this film present a different perspective than what is usually heard among American Evangelicals. It's an important voice (Palestinian Christians) that needs to be factored in for a fuller understanding of a very complex issue.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS