NRSV-ue Release date

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 941
P A | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 17 2021 1:00 PM

Breaking News...

According to link below

NRSV Updated Edition - Friendship Press  (Scroll to bottom of page)

The NRSV Updated Edition with be launched November 18 2021 

P A SmileYes 

Posts 1813
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 1:45 PM

Since I remember when the NRSV came out, it is hard for me to admit how old it is - and that after a generation it is time to update it. And yet, it has been a generation, and so it is logically time to do so. I wish they had a bit more information about what is being updated, however...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 941
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 1:55 PM

Yes I agree they don't give us much to go on

NRSV Review and Update - Friendship Press

P A

Posts 32561
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 1:58 PM

Progress Update on the NRSV-UE – Catholic Bible Talk

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2021 11:37 AM

They should rename it to something reflecting the NCC or SBL. "New", "Revised", "Updated" all in one acronym is getting a little ridiculous.

I've really warmed up to the NIV 2011 personally. It's more of what I would have liked from the original NRSV. Although I appreciate the NRSV's ecumenical scope and deutero canon.

Posts 51
Aaron Hayworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2021 1:43 PM

I was really hoping they’d go for naming it the RSV3 but I think this naming indicates it isn’t as full a revision as requiring a wholly new title. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS