Insights on Value of the Encyclopedia Britannica?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1189
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 17 2021 3:15 PM

Browsing, I came across a package that includes the Encyclopedia Britannica for less than half of the price of the set alone. Looking at the reviews though it seems like there were some complaints about what was promised vs what was delivered.

So, I was wondering if people who had purchased this could offer insights as to whether it was worth it.

Thanks

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 8152
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 3:17 PM

The real one is great and gets updated, but the Logos (formerly Noet) is limited and doesn’t get updated.

DAL

Posts 1189
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 3:20 PM

DAL:

The real one is great and gets updated, but the Logos (formerly Noet) is limited and doesn’t get updated.

DAL

I guess $8.99 a month isn’t so bad. Would this have standalone apps for the computer and tablet? Or is it a browser app?

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 8152
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 3:37 PM

David Wanat:

DAL:

DAL

I guess $8.99 a month isn’t so bad. Would this have standalone apps for the computer and tablet? Or is it a browser app?

I think it’ an app for desktop and mobile.  I had the free version a good while ago, so don’t know much about it.

DAL

Posts 1189
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2021 4:21 PM

DAL:

David Wanat:

DAL:

DAL

I think it’ an app for desktop and mobile.  I had the free version a good while ago, so don’t know much about it.

DAL

Well, thanks for your insights 

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS