Finding Title

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3846
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 22 2021 12:31 AM

I am not familiar with the Church Fathers, but came across a reference to this work in a book I will be reviewing this week:

St. Gregory the Great,
Pastoral Care (Ancient Christian Writers)

Is this book available in LOGOS?  I did a search for the author, but do not see this title listed.  I expect it is somewhere in the Church Fathers material available from LOGOS but am at a loss as to how to narrow my search.  Thank you for any help that can be provided. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3846
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 12:43 AM

Floyd Johnson:

I am not familiar with the Church Fathers, but came across a reference to this work in a book I will be reviewing this week:

St. Gregory the Great,

Is this book available in LOGOS?  I did a search for the author, but do not see this title listed.  I expect it is somewhere in the Church Fathers material available from LOGOS but am at a loss as to how to narrow my search.  Thank you for any help that can be provided. 

I think I found it - can somebody confirm that this is the right book:  logosres:npnf26;ref=VolumePage.V_12b,_p_xxxi  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 12:49 AM

Floyd Johnson:

St. Gregory the Great,

Is this book available in LOGOS?

Yes it is! I found this in my Library Store...

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 12108
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:07 AM

the left is the NPNF edition, the right is the ACW edition - you see the translation being many decades newer. Both are indexed by Gregory's datatype.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1511
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:42 AM

NB.Mick:

Both are indexed by Gregory's datatype.

In my library I have a third translation by George E. Demacopoulos published in the Popular Patristics series:

https://www.logos.com/product/156701/the-book-of-pastoral-rule 

Posts 12108
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 2:09 AM

HJ. van der Wal:

NB.Mick:

Both are indexed by Gregory's datatype.

In my library I have a third translation by George E. Demacopoulos published in the Popular Patristics series:

https://www.logos.com/product/156701/the-book-of-pastoral-rule 

Shame on me, I own the same. To rule out yet another (indexed) edition, I ran the Everything search {Milestone <GregoryTheGreat = Gregory the Great, The Book of Pastoral Rule 1.1>} and got only the four expected hits, this, one from ACW and two from NPNF (the "normal" and the Catholic edition).No bookstore hits, either.

(Note that from a reference, one can have Logos build an Everything search with the right-click menu - this way one doesn't have to remember the sometimes strange ways datatypes are named. Here it yields <GregoryTheGreat = Gregory the Great, The Book of Pastoral Rule 1.1> and this finds all instances where section 1.1 of Gregory's book is referenced. To find all editions of that section itself, one needs to put the {Milestone .......} around the brackets.)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS