Congratulations on 30 years

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 228
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 22 2021 12:22 PM

I read earlier that today is the 30th anniversary of Logos. I can't think of any other resource that has helped me more in the last decade. I started using it in fall 2014, six months after becoming a youth pastor. Now, about 1/2 through an Mdiv, I can’t imagine writing papers without it. 

I hope that one day there will be a little book or documentary about the role of Logos and technology from a Christian perspective—like a Christian version of Walter Isaacson's Geniuses series. Congratulations, Mr Pritchett. 

"It was 30 years ago today that Kiernon Reiniger and I started working on @Logos Bible Software. Today more than 6 million people have a @Faithlife account."

Posts 8352
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 12:26 PM

$30 bucks coupon  to celebrate like they did for their 20th anniversary if I’m not mistaken! CHEERS 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 708
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:11 PM

Well done to Mr. Pritchett and all the faithful servants who have worked with him through these three tumultuous decades!

Posts 68
Ron Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:30 PM

Most definitely, thanks to Bob and the Faithlife team for a most excellent biblical resource. As they say “you’ve come a long way”.  

Posts 443
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:31 PM

Tony Walker:
It was 30 years ago today

Good catch, Tony!

Gee ... I'm only a 50%'er. Not even an inductee into the Logosian Old Timers Club (they talk about how it USED to be).  Or the Logosians Gone to Heaven Club (not so many, but happily remembered).

Posts 45
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:52 PM

Tony Walker:

I read earlier that today is the 30th anniversary of Logos. I can't think of any other resource that has helped me more in the last decade. I started using it in fall 2014, six months after becoming a youth pastor. Now, about 1/2 through an Mdiv, I can’t imagine writing papers without it. 

I hope that one day there will be a little book or documentary about the role of Logos and technology from a Christian perspective—like a Christian version of Walter Isaacson's Geniuses series. Congratulations, Mr Pritchett. 

"It was 30 years ago today that Kiernon Reiniger and I started working on @Logos Bible Software. Today more than 6 million people have a @Faithlife account."

I was younger then and Logos pricing was so inaccessible. All I could do was droll over catalogs, like some people drool over computer or clothing catalogs. Heh. But here I am. I've got a nice library I'm happy with now. Since they started offering "Basic" free versions awhile back, it started small and built a large library over time.

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 1:57 PM

I've been using it for these 30 years. I started alpha testing it for Bob & Kiernon while we all were still working at Microsoft, while they were still doing it as a side project in their spare time, before they left MS to start their own company. It's way better now than it was then, and most of their code has been rewritten from the ground up multiple times, but it still has their mark on it.

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 2:00 PM

Wow, congratulations to Bob and everyone who has worked on Logos, bravo!

And the good news is that after 30 years, I'm over 98% finished indexing. I kid, I kid...

Posts 45
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 2:22 PM

Rosie Perera:

I've been using it for these 30 years. I started alpha testing it for Bob & Kiernon while we all were still working at Microsoft, while they were still doing it as a side project in their spare time, before they left MS to start their own company. It's way better now than it was then, and most of their code has been rewritten from the ground up multiple times, but it still has their mark on it.

Cool. So you all started at Microsoft? No wonder why it took so long to get this on my Mac Stick out tongue

Posts 1506
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 2:25 PM

Congratulations and thanks to Bob and FL!

Should there not be a "Timeline Event" for such an important date? There are several for the first blog post of the Logos, Vyrso and Proclaim blog...

Posts 201
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 2:43 PM

Rosie Perera:
Kiernon

Is he still involved with FL?

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 3:09 PM

Yup, it has been my happy study partner for about 30 years and I'm still utterly happy to have it!

Posts 1258
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 3:34 PM

Well, I feel naïve. My first experience with Logos came in 2006 or 2007 with remaindered software in an overstock store. I had assumed it was a fairly new company.

I do wonder how my life would have been different if I had chose a different product instead (I was looking for software with the NAB on it) Smile

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1190
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 3:42 PM

David Wanat:
I do wonder how my life would have been different if I had chose a different product instead (I was looking for software with the NAB on it) Smile

Your bank account and retirement savings would likely be significantly healthier. lol

Posts 1258
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 4:16 PM

Kiyah:

David Wanat:

Your bank account and retirement savings would likely be significantly healthier. lol

😄

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 316
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 4:17 PM

Cheers to 30 years!

Now get back to work Wink

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 10:37 PM

scooter:

Rosie Perera:
Kiernon

Is he still involved with FL?

No. He left the company in 1998, when it was still called Logos: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kiernon-reiniger-a1915

Posts 233
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 11:19 PM

Congratulations to Logos and Faithlife. I am fairly a newbie, maybe a sophomore by now, LOL. I think I started with Logos 6.

Thanks for an awesome product and a depleted bank account. LOL!

Posts 391
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 12:34 AM

I am extremely thankful to Faithlife and Bob for bringing us this very important tool for Scripture research and study. I started using LLS towards the very late 1990s (floppy disks!), and then the Libronix DLS.

Thanks Faithlife for more than 20 years of help!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 246
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 2:34 AM

cshover8669:

Congratulations to Logos and Faithlife. I am fairly a newbie, maybe a sophomore by now, LOL. I think I started with Logos 6.

Same here! 

Congratulations FL on 30 years, I am very thankful for this resource that you have built. My wife chides me frequently about this being an addiction but I find the tools you provide to be invaluable. Thanks for sticking to the vision of this company! 

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS