Why does this look like plagiarism?

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5927
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 9:19 AM

Can someone who actually has the BECNT volume verify whether it contains any direct citation or other acknowledgement of the earlier Cornerstone volume?

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Posts 3322
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 10:03 AM

SineNomine:

Can someone who actually has the BECNT volume verify whether it contains any direct citation or other acknowledgement of the earlier Cornerstone volume?

I searched the Series and Author's Prefaces as well as Works Cited also the text itself and I find no mention of the earlier commentary.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 8949
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 10:09 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

SineNomine:

I searched the Series and Author's Prefaces as well as Works Cited also the text itself and I find no mention of the earlier commentary.

There will always be a bending the rules approach for ALL so called academic works.  It’s all about the “contract.”

DAL

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 12:49 PM

Kiyah:

I see a lot of books in my library that have a statement about material being adapted from a previously published work. My point was that there should be a statement like that somewhere in the commentary given the amount of verbatim material that was used.

I have to admit, finding this was a bit disappointing. I don't want to purchase new books to find verbatim recycled content. However, since discovering this was from the same author and they likely had an agreement with the publishers to do this, I'm just going to move on. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Posts 8949
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 3:26 PM

Josh:

Kiyah:

I see a lot of books in my library that have a statement about material being adapted from a previously published work. My point was that there should be a statement like that somewhere in the commentary given the amount of verbatim material that was used.

I have to admit, finding this was a bit disappointing. I don't want to purchase new books to find verbatim recycled content. However, since discovering this was from the same author and they likely had an agreement with the publishers to do this, I'm just going to move on. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Awesome weekend and rounding it up with a nice Mexican dinner with my wife at this new restaurant that looks and smells great! Have a great weekend yourself! 👍😁👌

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS