Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 25 2021 10:49 PM

Hello Kyle or whomever at Faithlife,

I understand that LOGOS already had the Wiersbe BE series so you most likely just turned on the LOGOS license for W.S. owners on this series, however....

The W.S. version had/has additional content that is not present in the Logos version. Specifically (quoting from the W.S. product page) "the previously unpublished study of Lamentations".

According to the W.S. web page the content was included in the

• Be Heroic: Haggai, Zechariah; and the previously unpublished study of Lamentations"

title, however it is not there in my W.S. copy. It IS however present in my Jeremiah resource...

• Be Decisive: Jeremiah

See image below...

Can/Will this be corrected and the missing content be supplied?

Thanks!

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2021 10:57 PM

P.S.

I found this thread after I posted the above. Several others are asking for the same...

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/63746/1164781.aspx#1164781 

P.S.S.

The Song of Solomon BE series is included in the W.S. resource for Ecclesiastes.

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 3:31 PM

Thanks for letting us know. We're working on getting the missing content added.

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 4:20 PM

I didn’t know this content existed! Kyle would all owners get this or just WS Wiersbe owners?

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 7:44 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

And Thank You for getting it worked on.

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2021 12:35 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kyle would all owners get this or just WS Wiersbe owners?

Posts 2
Fierce Sirloin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 7 2022 3:50 PM

Late to the party on this one, but I'm a brand new Logos user. Bought the 50 volume Wiersbe BE series and went looking for Colossians (BE Complete) ironically, the set seems to BE Incomplete - missing Colossians, apparently among others. Anybody know if this yet to be resolved?

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 7 2022 4:25 PM

In the Logos release the New Testament Commentaries are all rolled up into one volume https://www.logos.com/product/541/the-bible-exposition-commentary-an-exposition-of-the-new-testament-containing-the-entire-be-series .

The Colossians volume "Be Complete" is part of that single "All-Inclusive" volume for the NT.

Posts 2
Fierce Sirloin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 7 2022 4:41 PM

Ah, that solves it. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply, Roy!

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 8 2022 12:53 PM

Roy:

In the Logos release the New Testament Commentaries are all rolled up into one volume https://www.logos.com/product/541/the-bible-exposition-commentary-an-exposition-of-the-new-testament-containing-the-entire-be-series .

The Colossians volume "Be Complete" is part of that single "All-Inclusive" volume for the NT.

Do you think the "Be Series" that came from WordSearch is different than the one you mention??? 

I looked it up and it doesn't show I own it.... was for sale though... which causes me to wonder... hmmm

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 666
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 9 2022 10:20 AM

xnman:
Do you think the "Be Series" that came from WordSearch is different than the one you mention??? 

Hi xnman,

I pulled them up side by side, and did a spot check in a couple of places. I did see a little bit of difference, but by-in-lagre I think they are the same.

One difference (some may consider it to be a major one) is that the Logos version has an outline section section at the start of each book, whereas the WS version does not.

Hope this helps you out.

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2022 6:40 AM

Any updates on getting the Lamentations volume up into Logos?

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 6:22 AM

Any updates on this? This resource ships this week for those that don't own it and I haven't heard if the Lamentations from WS will be added to the Logos editions. If not, will the Jeremiah/Ecclesiastes volume that has it be sold separately for those that want the Lamentations add-on?

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 6:25 AM

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 9:24 AM

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's still on our list of things to do and should be done this year. The content is small and we've got things prepped and ready but haven't been able to get it started quite yet.

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 9:32 AM

Thank you Kyle! 

Do you know if all owners will get the updates or will those with the Logos versions need to purchase a new edition with the added content?

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2022 1:20 PM

Mattillo:

Thank you Kyle! 

Do you know if all owners will get the updates or will those with the Logos versions need to purchase a new edition with the added content?

Yes. These will be shipped as stand-alone resources. We will also be adjusting the collections so that they include the two new resources that we will be creating. If you owned them via ownership of one of these collections (i.e. Wordsearch) you'll automatically have access to the content.

Posts 5189
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2022 6:21 AM

Thank you kyle

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS