THE CAMBRIDGE GREEK LEXICON

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 27 2021 1:29 PM

Any plans to have this in LOGOS?

THE CAMBRIDGE GREEK LEXICON

Amazon.com: The Cambridge Greek Lexicon 2 Volume Hardback Set (9780521826808): Faculty of Classics, Diggle, James: Books

P A

Posts 2747
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2021 2:56 PM

Make this a suggestion.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 295
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 5:31 AM

mab:

Make this a suggestion.

Yes

Posts 19380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 3:03 PM

P A:

Added comment to Feedback: Logos Book RequestsCambridge Greek Lexicon that has 3 votes

Caveat: new Feedback needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 26 votes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3130
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 4:32 PM

Is this work important for Koine Greek?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 428
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 5:16 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

"... covers the most widely read ancient literary texts, from Homer to the Hellenistic poets, the later historians, and the New Testament Gospels and Acts of the Apostles"

I guess (?) not Paul or Peter. Nor James.

Posts 3130
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 5:29 PM

DMB:

Beloved Amodeo:

"... covers the most widely read ancient literary texts, from Homer to the Hellenistic poets, the later historians, and the New Testament Gospels and Acts of the Apostles"

I read that too and then began to question how important this work would be for biblical work. Then I saw a representative page from the tome and really became concerned... here

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 428
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2021 6:14 PM

Beloved Amodeo:
really became concerned

I can see where the structure of the lexicon might be helpful. But eventually, you'd need to see the 'textual context' (how's that for form-mixing!).  I'm still digesting my Cambridge Greek (classical) Grammar.

Posts 1
Heimo Vesala | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2021 2:04 AM

Information about the Cambridge Greek Lexicon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JlJqD3DTTg

Posts 1251
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2021 8:23 AM

DMB:

Beloved Amodeo:

Unless you’re saying that those parts of the NT were written in Greek other than koine, I suspect that’s just a description in the blurb.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 3130
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2021 1:19 PM

A review by Dirk Jongkind... http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com/2021/04/cambridge-greek-lexicon-4-do-we-need-it.html 

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2021 1:55 PM

Thanks for posting this! If it comes outs soon, I haven't decided, but I AM intrigued.

Posts 428
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2021 5:25 PM

David Wanat:
Unless you’re saying that those parts of the NT were written in Greek other than koine, I suspect that’s just a description in the blurb.

Per Beloved's link above, indeed the Cambridge greek clock stopped ticking at Acts. Not just the blurb.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS