Logos 9.6 Beta 1 (9.6.0.0004)

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

Pater Noster:
Was I incorrect in assuming serious beta issues would get some more immediate attention?

Yes, that is an incorrect assumption.

There should be no expectation of same-business-day response for reported beta issues (no matter how critical) nor that (for example) Beta 1 issues will be fixed in Beta 2. 

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

Pater Noster:
What is the link or URL for the Verbum Mac 9.6 Beta 1 dmg file?

https://downloads.logoscdn.com/LBS9/Verbum/InstallerBeta/9.6.0.0004/VerbumMac.dmg 

Posts 1142
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2021 11:31 PM

I just also experienced problems again. I could no start Logos but then noticed that I had several indexers running that were hanging. After killing all of them, I was able to start up Logos. The indexer started and competed successfully. 

Unfortunately, I was not running the logging tool. I turned it on now and will post logs if I experience it again.

BTW, I am on Big Sur.

Posts 1142
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2021 5:29 AM

@Pater Noster: Are you again up and running?

I am now stuck at 0%. I will continue to let it run a bit longer.

Posts 1142
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2021 6:42 AM

It eventually finished. PTL!

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2021 10:31 AM

Is there any indication as to when we might expect to be able to export text in any font of our choosing?

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2021 6:58 AM

bump

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2021 7:43 AM

Bump

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 19380
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2021 10:59 AM

Randall Cue:

Is there any indication as to when we might expect to be able to export text in any font of our choosing?

Wondering about work around of right click Paste and Match Style ?

Explaining how export font helps/hinders work flow may help other users join in voting: may want to create a new Logos 9 Desktop App thread for vote encouragement

Searching Faithlife Feedback for export font found one post that has one vote => Exporting Text (stu

Observation is over 100 Logos Desktop App posts have 10+ votes. Over 333 Logos Desktop App posts have 4+ votes.

Caveat: new Feedback needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 31 votes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2021 11:10 AM

I know there are work arounds, but that really shouldn't be necessary. Other programs handle this well and easily.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 2:06 PM

Randall Cue:

Philiana, is this ever going to be a possibility?

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 2730
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 2:22 PM

Randall Cue:

is this ever going to be a possibility?

This is impossible to answer.

Randall Cue:

Unfortunately, the answer is no. There is no indication.

Generally speaking there is little to no advance notice when changes are to be made. Sometimes you will see an update on a request on the feedback site, but other than that, I would not expect to hear anything prior to information in a release note or a follow up post on a thread indicating that changes are available in a release.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 2:29 PM

Thank you for your response, Andrew.

Andrew Batishko:
This is impossible to answer.

I don't understand why this is impossible to answer, but then I'm not part of the team. I know from other sources that this is not a difficult task.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 2730
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 3:20 PM

Randall Cue:
I don't understand why this is impossible to answer, but then I'm not part of the team.

Because I can't predict the future, and "ever" is a long time.

The task is not currently scheduled for work within the next couple of weeks, and even if it was, priorities sometimes shift on short notice. Even though it's not currently scheduled in the short term, again priorities can shift and it may be selected for work. This is why I stated that we don't generally give advance notice.

Your best bet for seeing movement on this is probably to encourage other users to vote on the suggestion on the feedback site. Seeing broader support for a change can be one thing that encourages reprioritization.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS