What Would My Mother Say? -- Keeping my kings in order

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2337
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 6 2021 5:49 AM

My mother would say, "Son, you need to study your Bible better."  

Until that happens, I have a tough time keeping my kings in order--which was from Israel, and which was from Judah. 

I don't see any tagging for that. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a visual filter to differentiate them?  If that is possible, how?

Posts 11934
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2021 6:05 AM

GaoLu:

I have a tough time keeping my kings in order--which was from Israel, and which was from Judah.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a visual filter to differentiate them?  If that is possible, how?

I think it's just the effort of making it. I'd use the Person tagging due to overlapping names etc:

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2337
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2021 6:12 AM

NB.Mick:
I'd use the Person tagging due to overlapping names

That is helpful. Thanks.

Posts 8200
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2021 9:10 AM

It would be nice if the powerful tool called “Factbook” could literally lists the kings for us by simply typing Kings of Israel AND Kings of Judah, but all it seems to be doing is giving you random results; which some aren’t even related.  I wonder why there isn’t a chart for this.  Some books have it, but it’d be better if Factbook could produce it.

DAL

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2021 10:32 AM

GaoLu:

I have a tough time keeping my kings in order--which was from Israel, and which was from Judah. 

Here are a few charts to help:

Faithlife Study Bible Infographics

The New Bible Dictionary, Third Edition

Harper’s Bible Dictionary

The Bible Knowledge Commentary

Thru the Bible with J. Vernon McGee

Know Your Bible from A to Z: A Quick Handbook to the People, Places, and Things

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 910
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2021 11:47 AM

Yeah, DAL, I checked out Factbook, too, thinking there should be a nice article or something, but it wasn't there. And I searched through lots of resources and didn't find what the OP was looking for. Surely there's something in my library of a bajillion resources. I'll give it some time this afternoon.

Posts 151
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2021 10:44 AM

Scott,

Thanks for the helpful links.

Dan

Posts 1359
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2021 7:59 PM

GaoLu:
My mother would say, "Son, you need to study your Bible better." 

Thank God for mothers like this..... :) 

Posts 19335
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2021 9:46 PM

GaoLu:
Until that happens, I have a tough time keeping my kings in order--which was from Israel, and which was from Judah. 

One idea is A Harmony of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles (included in Logos 9 Starter Feature Upgrade) Bronze & higher includes Synopsis of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles interactive and Synopsis of the Old Testament

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4614
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2021 12:44 PM

On a related note, does anyone know of a good chart that lists the kings and whether they were “good” or “bad” ?

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2021 12:57 PM

Mattillo:

On a related note, does anyone know of a good chart that lists the kings and whether they were “good” or “bad” ?

ESV Study Bible has a simple chart: https://ref.ly/logosres/esvsb?ref=BibleESV.1Ki14.29

It's at 1 Kings 14:29

Posts 2337
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 6:08 AM

These are all useful resources and I thank each of you for sharing some great finds. 

I was and still am imagining a way to use the visual filter to accomplish this. 

Posts 4614
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 8:47 AM

William Gabriel:

Mattillo:

ESV Study Bible has a simple chart: https://ref.ly/logosres/esvsb?ref=BibleESV.1Ki14.29

It's at 1 Kings 14:29

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS