Change Layout Locks up (9.6 Beta 1)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1247
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 8 2021 4:42 PM

If I try to change to a saved Layout, Logos locks up good and tight.

I hope that despite the fact that I had to shut down the program with Windows Task Manager, the necessary diagnostic information is available in the log files.

*Logos 9.6 Beta 1 Windows 10

0652.Logos 06-08-21 1637.zip

Posts 867
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 6:12 AM

I've had the same experience.  Attached are my logs from this morning.

(I also experienced this when opening a collection I wanted to update - not in these log files.)

8156.Freeze on change layout.zip

Posts 2333
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 6:20 AM

I was skeptical, tried it and Logos locked up tighter than a Small Group hug.

Posts 867
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 6:26 AM

GaoLu:
tighter than a Small Group hug

GaoLu, I love your description, but I was thinking more of a tight strangle hold on my sermon prep.

Posts 5346
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 7:46 AM

Not having this problem, so it's not universal.

Posts 867
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 7:49 AM

It is intermittent.

Posts 5346
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 8:14 AM

Tim Hensler:

It is intermittent.

Specific to certain layouts, perhaps?

Posts 867
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 12:03 PM

It has happened with a couple layouts I use a lot.  Maybe something common to both layouts (and some others). But other times I use those layouts and I don't have a problem.  Hopefully the logs will help Faithlife narrow it down - I haven't figured it out.  May be related to one of the background processes they worked on recently.

Posts 1247
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 6:14 PM

SineNomine:

Tim Hensler:

It is intermittent.

Specific to certain layouts, perhaps?

It happens for every layout I have tried.

Posts 1883
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 3:40 AM

I am also experiencing this. You might have already discovered the workaround for now is to click the 'Clear all panels' button in between changes.

I should also add that some type of Windows update (probably from 6/8/21) applied yesterday. The major version is 2004; OS Build 19041-1052; Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0.

By the way, when it does work, it seems to be much faster now on our old kitchen desk notebook (HP, i3, 8GB, non-SSD).

1780.Logos.zip

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Things I'd like, but have had to give up hope for: PB mobile; Read Aloud mobile; MS Word Logos SmartTags; Phillips NT in Logos

Posts 439
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 7:38 AM

Thanks for sharing this, everyone. For a hang, we need to get additional logging. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 1641
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 10:11 AM

Here is a screenshot. It shows part of the previous layout, and freezes.

After that I've got 9.6 Beta 2 and the problem stays.

It seems not to lock when I use the "close all panels" button and then start a new layout. 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 867
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 1:10 PM

Hi Adam,

I installed the tool and it indicated it did so successfully, but when I ran it, it said it "Failed to remove temporary ETL sampling log file."

I don't see either a folder or a file that begins with "Logos Log F..." as indicated at he top of the failure message.

Posts 1883
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:15 PM

I hope others are able to provide the advanced logs. After a number of attempts, the Performance Tool wouldn't work on my old notebook. A dialog complained that it was unable to execute -perf.exe. Maybe there's a logging tool to collect logs on the malfunctioning logging tool. The better computer in my office (also on the Beta channel) did not have the issue.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Things I'd like, but have had to give up hope for: PB mobile; Read Aloud mobile; MS Word Logos SmartTags; Phillips NT in Logos

Posts 1247
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:28 PM

Tim Hensler:
I installed the tool and it indicated it did so successfully, but when I ran it, it said it "Failed to remove temporary ETL sampling log file."

Unfortunately, I had the same problem. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS