I don't know if this can be done but, can we do multiples marks?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 269
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2021 8:29 AM

Let say I am studying Salvation and I highlight a verse Yellow. Later on, I am studying healing or whatever and the same verse pops up. I just wanted to know can I highlight that with some other color or markings? I would like a way to markup the bible for different studies without having to use another translation. Amp is my choice translation I like. Then make a way to have a study index where a user could assign colors or markings for a subject and when they click on that only those markings show. Red - Jesus, Yellow - Salvation etc etc.

Posts 25352
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 9:03 AM

Hi Randall,

Randall Lind:
I would like a way to markup the bible for different studies without having to use another translation

This is possible (asusming you are talking about the desktop app) using a combination of Notebooks and Visual Filters

In the screenshot below I have created a couple of notebooks and then added a some highlights to a verse:

To put the highlights into the required notebook I have set up the highlighting palette to put highlights into the Active Notebook

(Other options are available - including specifying the actual notebook you want to use).

Then I would have the appropriate notebook(s) open when doing my study and ensuring that the right one was active (had been clicked on) when adding a highlight.

Then I can use the Visual FIlter menu to choose which notebook is enabled and, hence, which highlights are shown:

That should give you what you want.

But I'm aware I've skipped over a lot of detail - if any of this doesn't make sense please advice

Graham

Posts 269
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 1:09 PM

Wow, I really wish I knew how to use this software. I read devotions and daily bible readings and such. That is cool going to do this. I brought this back when it was Logos 7 I believe and the 2nd teir. I got iit because a pastor at my church demo it. I liked it cause Logos brought out ebible or maybe they made ebible not sure and I had every version name the pastor ebible and I had it. So when I got the 2nd tier it was all lumped in with the books. I brought. That is also the time they started offering online downloads or DVDs. I pick online DVD scratch. When I did help out in Sunday school I use to make word searches for the kids using Logos that was cool.

Posts 25352
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 1:45 PM

Randall Lind:
That is cool going to do this.

I'm glad it is going to be helpful

Randall Lind:
Wow, I really wish I knew how to use this software.

If you have trouble working out how to do this, please let us know.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS