Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
Chuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2021 9:49 AM

In an open Bible panel, when I access the textbox to go to a different location in the Bible and begin typing a reference, an outline pops up containing descriptions and associated passages. This list helps quickly locate passages when I don't know the exact chapter or verse(s).

Can this outline be accessed separately in Logos so that I can keep it open in a separate panel for handy reference?

Posts 2698
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2021 10:26 AM

These are pericopes, which you can find in the Compare Pericopes part of the Passage Analysis tool: https://ref.ly/logos4/PassageAnalysis

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 79
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 7:17 AM

Thanks. Although, what I'm really looking for are just simple, text-based pericope descriptions, such as what pops up as you enter a book, chapter, and verse in a Bible panel's "Go to" textbox.

Posts 32928
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 1:43 PM

Chuck:

Thanks. Although, what I'm really looking for are just simple, text-based pericope descriptions, such as what pops up as you enter a book, chapter, and verse in a Bible panel's "Go to" textbox.

The Compare Pericopes tool that Andrew pointed you to  is the primary view of the pericope list. For a simple list, select a single Bible.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 79
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 2:01 PM

MJ. Smith:

Chuck:

The Compare Pericopes tool that Andrew pointed you to  is the primary view of the pericope list. For a simple list, select a single Bible.

I appreciate the pointer concerning selecting a single Bible; this gets me a step closer. Still, is there a way to just display the simple condensed list I circled in red below? Ideally, I would like to see this list in a panel that allows scrolling through the list.

Posts 32928
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 3:03 PM

Chuck:
. Still, is there a way to just display the simple condensed list

I don't believe there is. While this is not a frequent request in the forums, it is still a useful idea that you may wish to add to Roadmap | Faithlife, the site Faithlife uses for it users to prioritize enhancements to Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 79
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 10:27 AM

MJ. Smith:

Chuck:
. Still, is there a way to just display the simple condensed list

I don't believe there is. While this is not a frequent request in the forums, it is still a useful idea that you may wish to add to Roadmap | Faithlife, the site Faithlife uses for it users to prioritize enhancements to Logos.

Oh well, I just tried to "Add idea" at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app, but alas, I can't get logged in (strange, because I can log in fine to my account at https://www.logos.com.

Here is the text if someone might want to add the idea:

In an open Bible panel, when I access the textbox to go to a different location in the Bible and begin typing a reference, an outline pops up containing descriptions and associated passages. This list helps quickly locate passages when I don't know the exact chapter or verse(s).

It would be nice to have this simple text outline (note: I am not talking about the kind of display in the Compare Pericopes part of the Passage Analysis tool) open in a separate scrollable panel for handy reference.

Posts 32928
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 11:23 AM

The feedback site requires its own login - not Logos. I suggest you refer to it as a list of pericopes rather than an outline as I think many will misunderstand the latter.

Posts 79
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:57 PM

MJ. Smith:

The feedback site requires its own login - not Logos. I suggest you refer to it as a list of pericopes rather than an outline as I think many will misunderstand the latter.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS