Logos Won't Start on Latest Beta

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2853
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:35 AM

Pretty sure I'm on the latest beta as of today. However, I can't fire it up to check because the program won't start today. It did initially after installing the beta 1, but now it won't even startup. Here are my log files.

8156.LogosLogs.kevin.20210610-092146.zip

Posts 25144
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:46 AM

Hi Kevin

Are these files from today - the 10th?

The logos.log file is reporting activity on the 9th - which shows a fairly standard startup and shutdown sequence

Posts 2853
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 7:40 AM

They are from today. I started up and it crashed a couple of times. And then I use the logging utility to create these after force quitting.

Posts 3624
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 9:57 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

They are from today. I started up and it crashed a couple of times. And then I use the logging utility to create these after force quitting.

Kevin,

Can you delete your log folder and relaunch and upload the logs? That might help us get clean logs.

Posts 2853
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 10:34 AM

Strangely, that seems to have fixed it. Or maybe something else, because after deleting the contents of the log folder I started up quickly and is indexing my library.

Posts 2853
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 11:07 AM

I spoke too soon. After it launched pretty quickly the Indexing tried to run and it never got past 0% after about 20 minutes. In that time the new beta 2 downloaded. So I just restarted in beta 2. I noticed one of the fixes for Mac was a hanging index. That seems to have fixed that since I restarted and it is now at 1% complete which is further than it got on beta 1 earlier this afternoon (EDT).

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS