Kyle: SBL Greek New Testament Sentence Diagrams - a Bible Commentary?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26688
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:00 PM

Really?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1065
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:17 PM

Dave Hooton:

Really?

It may be beneficial for some to have it appear in the Commentary section of the Passage Guide (which it does). It's indexed like a bible commentary or bible notes.

How do you think it would be better categorized? It wouldn't work to categorize it as a Clause Visualization resource because the diagrams are just images that are not searchable using Syntax search like the other Clause Visualization resources (like Cascadia or OpenText).

Posts 314
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:55 PM

Create a new type and call it Sentence Diagram. Then any from the Old or New Testament woould work.

Posts 32490
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 10 2021 10:46 PM

Kiyah:
It may be beneficial for some to have it appear in the Commentary section of the Passage Guide (which it does). It's indexed like a bible commentary or bible notes.

And for some of us it would be a disaster - there is already too many commentaries "only because of indexing non-commentaries" cluttering my largest section. Commentaries is becoming like Monograph - a category that needs sorted out into functional categories with perhaps multiple default copies in a Passage Guide. It is the inclusion of the "All the nnnn in the Bible" lists that was my last straw in commentary nonsense.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2534
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 5:35 AM

Matt Hamrick:

Create a new type and call it Sentence Diagram. Then any from the Old or New Testament woould work.

Why not just make it a type:clause visualization? It would open with the other diagrams in that section of the PG or EG.

Posts 314
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 7:54 AM

John Fidel:

Matt Hamrick:

Why not just make it a type:clause visualization? It would open with the other diagrams in that section of the PG or EG.

This is not a reosurce like Opentext or Andersen Forbes. These are images of certain passages and not the entire book. As such clause visualization would not work so I suggested a new type that would work and if you want it in the passage guide Faithlife should make that type available to add to the passage guide.

Posts 1550
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 7:58 AM

Creating a new type would probably be the best option. I suppose one could make a case that it's a Bible as well.

I also updated the resource so it appears in the Visualization section of the Exegetical Guide.

Posts 32490
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2021 1:24 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
I also updated the resource so it appears in the Visualization section of the Exegetical Guide.

Thank you. This is where I think it belongs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26688
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 12:31 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
Creating a new type would probably be the best option. I suppose one could make a case that it's a Bible as well.

Oh, no!  Let's be sensible about this 'type' choice. One cannot search for text in this resource.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS