Oxford Handbooks Shipping Date(s)?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 507
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 13 2021 2:39 PM

Maybe I missed it, but could I get some clarification on the anticipated shipping date(s) for the Oxford Handbooks collection.

In the collection, all 26 titles have this note:     * Your purchase includes this resource, which isn’t available yet. The resource will automatically download once it’s available.

I don't see this note on the individual book product pages.  It looks like the above note needs to be removed from the collection page.

Thanks

Posts 33251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 3:30 PM

Robert Neely:
I don't see this note on the individual book product pages.  It looks like the above note needs to be removed from the collection page.

This is as I would expect ... the collection page will continue to show the message as the resources are released - making the distinction between what you get now and what you are waiting for.  The individual pages are either published or not published - there is no need to allow for a partial published state. Shipping dates are usually provided shortly before the notices go out warning you when the money will actually be charged against your acount.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 3:39 PM

I can see Robert's point. Every single volume in this collection is listed with that asterisk, and the collection hasn't shipped yet, so those asterisks seem kind of redundant now. The collection is scheduled to ship on 6/28.

It is possible that they are planning to ship the collection incomplete, with some of the volumes to be forthcoming, which they have done before on other collections. If this is the case, then I would expect the volumes that are going to ship on 6/28 to have that asterisk removed soon if not on the 28th. Maybe they don't know yet how many volumes they can get finished before the ship date. If that's the case, then perhaps the ship date is somewhat arbitrary.

Posts 704
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2021 11:11 AM

This page has now been updated, and the asterisks have been removed.

Posts 8333
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2021 11:29 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

This page has now been updated, and the asterisks have been removed.

Any word on Handbook on the Book of Revelation?

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS