SERVER error brings Verbum to a halt not offline

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 32931
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 13 2021 8:02 PM

6_13_verbum.zip

I am never happy when I'm brought down near the end of a task when logically I shouldn't require a server ... my search was already run, I was simply opening resources that were in the results and taking screen shots.of contents and the metadata for bibliographic data.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 32931
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2021 9:08 PM

weekly bump for attention 2

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 9:33 AM

MJ. Smith:

6_13_verbum.zip

I am never happy when I'm brought down near the end of a task when logically I shouldn't require a server ... my search was already run, I was simply opening resources that were in the results and taking screen shots.of contents and the metadata for bibliographic data.

What search was run, how many resources? I need more info to try to reproduce this.

Posts 32931
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 1:56 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
What search was run, how many resources?

It happened multiple times with multiple searches. The critical element was the sudden loss of connectivity.

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 2:18 PM

MJ. Smith:

6_13_verbum.zip

Hi MJ,

I just want to clarify is this new to 9.6? Did you experience this in an earlier version?

Posts 32931
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 2:21 PM

I think it is ... but I'm often not aware of short internet outages.

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 2:35 PM

MJ. Smith:

6_13_verbum.zip

MJ,

Did you experience a crash or a hang? What happens when you try to open the resource? Do you know what resource you were trying to open? What do you mean that everything came to a halt?

Posts 32931
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 2:42 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
Did you experience a crash or a hang?

Verbum became totally unresponsive i.e. hung or froze from the user perspective ... looping from the logs/machine perspective. 

Philana R. Crouch:
What happens when you try to open the resource?

From the user's perspective absolutely nothing happens.

Philana R. Crouch:
Do you know what resource you were trying to open?

Each time it happened it was on a different resource.

Philana R. Crouch:
What do you mean that everything came to a halt?

I mean that regardless of the attempted input, the screen presented to the user was unchanged; there was nothing one could try that gave any indication that it was listening to input.

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2021 10:11 AM

Hi MJ,

We need to get a Proc Dump when you next experience this hang. The logs don't have enough information. You can find information here on how to get one https://wiki.logos.com/ProcDump.

If we could get that ASAP it would be helpful.

Posts 32931
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2021 10:21 AM

If the heat wave doesn't create a case, I'll see if I can simulate the conditions.

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 1:40 PM

MJ. Smith:

6_13_verbum.zip

This should be fixed in 9.6 RC 1.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS