NO CROSS-REFERENCES FOR NAS20..... YET

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 29 2021 7:11 AM

So, after many months of waiting the NAS20 came out, yet it is a plain as a white wall. It has no cross-references numbers, let alone the inverse interlinear that should've come with it since we waited for more than eight months for this "blessed" update to come out. 

Any thoughts? Super Angry

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 7:59 AM

As of this morning I now have references, but no interlinear.

Posts 25890
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 8:12 AM

Joseph Luna:
So, after many months of waiting the NAS20 came out, yet it is a plain as a white wall. It has no cross-references numbers, let alone the inverse interlinear that should've come with it since we waited for more than eight months for this "blessed" update to come out. 

As Ralph mentions I can see cross references.

I don't know if you are aware that the RI is in prepub available at https://www.logos.com/product/209909/the-new-american-standard-bible-2020-update-nasb-reverse-interlinear 

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 9:13 AM

I don't have it. 

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 9:15 AM

Every bible that I have purchased in the past, did not come with interlinear, but after a while it was updated (CSB, MEV, etc.). Why then should I pay 29.99 for an interlinear that should be free? Besides that, I don't even have cross-references. 

I don't get it. 

Posts 9195
LogosEmployee

SineNomine:

Joseph Luna:

Every bible that I have purchased in the past, did not come with interlinear, but after a while it was updated (CSB, MEV, etc.). Why then should I pay 29.99 for an interlinear that should be free? Besides that, I don't even have cross-references. 

I don't get it. 

If you have ever purchased a Bible on its own, your purchase did not include a reverse interlinear. You may have acquired reverse interlinears from base packages, feature sets, subscriptions....

(repost from forum migration rollback)

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 3:43 PM

Not true. I purchased the basic translation of CSB sometime ago, and later MEV. Months later CSB and MEV were updated. I never paid one penny extra. I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Posts 35787
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 4:56 PM

Do you purchase packages? The interlinears are often included in packages before the interlinears are actually available.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:01 AM

OK. I didn't know that. Thank you. 

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:03 AM

Yes, I purchased packages. The NAS20 was purchased separately. I understand why I have to purchase the RI separately. 

Thank you for the information. 

Joseph

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:10 AM

On another topic, the NAS20 is presently without cross-references. Is that normal since it just came out? 

Thank you.

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:14 AM

On another topic, the NAS20 was released without cross-references. Will it be available soon? 

Thank you, 

Posts 25890
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:19 AM

Joseph Luna:

On another topic, the NAS20 was released without cross-references. 

Do you have the Bible text only visual filter set and Footnote indicators not selected? That would explain what you are seeing

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:33 AM

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:49 AM

I don't have what you show in your screenshot, but if I click off on "Resource" or "Bible Tex only", I get the cross-references, but I lose the "one verse per line" which is something I always preferred. 

What now? 

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:52 AM

I fixed it. I didn't realize there was a drop down. 

My apologies for making such a fuzz. 

Joseph Embarrassed 

Posts 25890
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2021 6:53 AM

Glad you have it sorted.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS