Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
1faithwalker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 3 2021 1:22 PM

I have created a personal book which contains various jpeg's.

The issue is that when I am trying to read through the book when I am at the position of any of the pictures the book will not smoothly proceed, but consistently jumps me back up to the picture making it impossible to read through. The only way to proceed is to skip multiple sentences past the picture.

Has anyone had this type of issue? If so, can you tell me why this is happening and how to resolve it.

Thank you!

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2021 2:20 PM

Welcome 1faithwalker,

I have a single picture which is pasted from my drive with Wrap Text = In Line with Text in the latest Office product (Microsoft 365). Scrolling through and past it is fairly smooth.

For more info see the PB wiki

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
1faithwalker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2021 5:57 PM

Thanx,

Checked all that. Same as your suggestion, but did not solve issue.

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2021 6:11 PM

Could you upload the docx file (using the paper-clip icon), or a part that illustrates the problem.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29807
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 5:07 AM

What view mode do you have the book? Are you in “no columns,” 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
1faithwalker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 8:24 AM

Where would I find out about this? Found no location or setting pertaining to this. Thanx for the suggestion. Help greatly appreciated.

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 10:19 AM

CHRONOLOGY OF ESCHATOLOGY  Is sideways.  But that is how it is in the DOCX file 

The line: “What do keys mean to you?  (Matthew 16:19, 18:18)”

Was beside the picture of the lamps but adding a empty line after it put that line above the picture

Did not see anything else abnormal.

Posts 29807
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 12:21 PM

1faithwalker:
Where would I find out about this? Found no location or setting pertaining to this.

In the resource menu (kebab "three vertical dots") menu for the resource. Examine the "columns" option. Note that "none" and "one" column look very similar... but they are not. One is "scrolling" view. The other is "page" view. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
1faithwalker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 8:00 PM

I found the location. It originally was set at NONE. I tried all other settings, but nothing changed.

Posts 6
1faithwalker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 8:01 PM

I found the location. It originally was set at NONE. I tried all other settings, but nothing changed.

Posts 524
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2021 8:26 PM

Since the good ideas are used up, the next would be the jpg sizes (doubtful) ... but not uncommon issue on the news sites that are packaged.

Per chance, if you do any web work, diagnosing in html is a lot easier then Word. 

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 8 2021 12:43 PM

1faithwalker:

I compiled it and the PB (a Monograph) scrolled smoothly on my Desktop with mouse

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS