Filter for Question

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
TKalo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 5 2021 1:30 PM

Can someone please help me create a filter so that all questions in the book of Matthew are highlighted a certain color? 

Thank you!!

Tamara 

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 1:56 PM

TKalo:
Can someone please help me create a filter so that all questions in the book of Matthew are highlighted a certain color? 

If you have access to Propositional outlines you could search the outline Question

and then save the search as a Visual Filter

Does this give you what you need?

Posts 23
TKalo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 2:03 PM

I don't know how to thank you enough.  That is awesome and exactly what I needed.  Can you help me do the same for OT quotations?  I'd like a visual filter for all OT quotations in Matthew NIV. 

Sincere Thanks, 

Tamara 

Posts 23
TKalo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 2:05 PM

Also, if there is anything in Matthew NIV in parentheses, can we make a visual filter for that?  And if so, would you be able to tell me how? 

Thanks again to the greatest extent, 

Tamara 

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 2:35 PM

TKalo:
Can you help me do the same for OT quotations?  I'd like a visual filter for all OT quotations in Matthew NIV. 

Try this one - {Section <LiteraryTyping = Quotation, Old Testament>} 

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 2:41 PM

TKalo:
Also, if there is anything in Matthew NIV in parentheses, can we make a visual filter for that?  And if so, would you be able to tell me how? 

We can't do this - as punctuation is not indexed and so not searchable using the standard Search tools.

You can do Find (in this panel) searches using Ctrl / Cmd-F but you can't create a visual filter from it. Using this technique shows that there are just four occurrences.

Posts 23
TKalo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 3:57 PM

That was absolutely helpful. 

Thanks again!

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 5:49 PM

Graham Criddle:

TKalo:

If you have access to Propositional outlines you could search the outline Question

Propositional outlines have two Question variations:

{Section <PropositionalOutline = Question>} OR {Section <PropositionalOutline = Question (No)>}

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2021 10:02 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Thanks KS4J

Posts 234
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 2:41 PM

The Bible Browser Facet has a Question section for finding questions in the Bible.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS