Text Comparison Tool - need the ability to interleave verses from multiple versions

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Steven MacDonald | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 6 2021 1:02 PM

It would be great if the verses from multiple versions could be printed as interleaved.

Posts 25136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 1:08 PM

Steven MacDonald:

It would be great if the verses from multiple versions could be printed as interleaved.

What do you mean by interleaved? It seems to be doing that

Posts 19
Steven MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 1:21 PM

Sorry for not being clear.  It works for a single verse but if you choose a longer passage it will list all of the verses for each version separately.

For example if I have 3 versions and and a passage of 5 verses, I would like to print will all of the verse 1's for each version together, verse 2's etc.

Posts 33269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 1:35 PM

Yes, there does appear to be a bug in the Export tool. It used to work correctly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 2:08 PM

Steven MacDonald:
Sorry for not being clear.  It works for a single verse but if you choose a longer passage it will list all of the verses for each version separately.

I see what you mean

If you set the Tool to Columns layout, you get something that might be useful

Posts 19
Steven MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 2:39 PM

Thanks Graham.  That definitely has value while I am working in Logos.  But for working in Microsoft Word based on the types of layouts we do, I really need to get the interleaving working so I can paste into Word so it looks like below:

Multiple Versions With Verse Interleaving

Posts 2832
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2021 2:54 PM

Steven MacDonald:

For example if I have 3 versions and and a passage of 5 verses, I would like to print will all of the verse 1's for each version together, verse 2's etc.

Work-a-round:

Request just the first verse - Copy output,

Request next verse - Copy output - Add copied output to prior output

repeat till done 

I use a collection of 50 or so English Bibles as input and all of the first verse is followed by the next, etc.  But I only request the first verse.

John 3:12–20  So I tried entering a range and still got the V 12 followed by V 13 etc.

John 3:12 DARBY If I have said the earthly things to you, and ye believe not, how, if I say the heavenly things to you, will ye believe? ASV 1901 If I told you earthly things and ye believe not, how shall ye believe if I tell you heavenly things? RSVCE And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, RSV2CE And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, TNIV Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, YLT And as Moses did lift up the serpent in the wilderness, so it behoveth the Son of Man to be lifted up, John 3:15 DARBY that every one who believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal. ASV 1901 that whosoever believeth may in him have eternal life. AMP In order that everyone who believes in Him [who cleaves to Him, trusts Him, and relies on Him] may not perish, but have eternal life and [actually] live forever Tried adding a blank line between each but that did not work - Each bible is on a separate line [just not here]]
Posts 19
Steven MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2021 3:40 AM

Thanks David.  Hopefully they will fix this so that a long tedious workaround is nit necessary,

Posts 3623
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 3:31 PM

Steven MacDonald:

We have a case opened for this.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS