Questions about Keener's Acts: An Exegetical Commentary (4 Vols)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 615
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2021 10:37 AM

I have several questions about this resource:

1. I've had it on my wish list since 2018 and i don't think i've ever seen it on any sale. Has it ever been on sale?

2. How is this not considered one of the best commentaries on Acts available in Logos, and therefore how is it not a part of the current best commentary sale?

3. I might be wrong, but i don't think i've ever seen this on sale as part of an 'author of the month' nor in a March Madness sale.

https://www.logos.com/product/166599/acts-an-exegetical-commentary

Of course, the reason for these questions is that this resource is so very expensive, and i'd love to buy it.

Posts 1161
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 11:22 AM

If you scroll down on your link, you'll find it's included in 3 different bundles. I purchased them as part of the 8 vol. collection on 6/15/2021 at a good price. I'm not sure how many of the 8 I already had. I keep individual books and any collection that they're included in, in my wish lists so I can get them when they go on sale or pre-pub. I don't think the 4 vols were on sale, but the 8 were.

https://www.logos.com/product/207758/craig-keener-new-testament-commentaries-collection

Posts 615
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 11:32 AM

Dale E Heath:
I keep individual books and any collection that they're included in, in my wish lists so I can get them when they go on sale or pre-pub.

That's a great idea! I don't own any of the other volumes, so the price right now is still too high. However, the 2 volume commentary on John is also on my wish list so i'm adding that bundle now to my wish list. Great idea.

Posts 1161
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 11:45 AM

I did some research and the 8 vol. collection was on pre-pub, and I was only missing 1 Peter. I'm not sure what the price would have been on all 8 vols., but it would have been a sale price.

Posts 277
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 12:33 PM

John Kaess:

I have several questions about this resource:

1. I've had it on my wish list since 2018 and i don't think i've ever seen it on any sale. Has it ever been on sale?

John -

After having that on my wishlist for a few years, I picked up the 4 volume set last August for about $178, which is 30% off.

If I'm not mistaken, it was included in the 2020 "Back to School" sale. 

Posts 330
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 12:49 PM

Couple months ago I updated to Logos 9 Ultimate and when I did I always pick something off my wishlist to add to the order and this year it was the Kenner four volume Acts commentary. It's been on my wishllist forever. I don't plan on studying Acts until 2024 but I won't consult the commentary until then but you are right I never ever saw it on sale. That is Baker Academic and not Faithlife. You can write the publisher and ask them to put it on sale. I wanted the commentary based on the Kenner Mobile Education courses I own. 

Posts 615
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2021 4:10 PM

Thanks, Dale.

Posts 738
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 7:20 AM

Also it is worth bearing in mind that to be up for 'best' commentary, a title will need to have been out in the world for some time before it garners enough support and appreciation to get kudos and thus enough votes on BestCommentaries.com to be up there with long standing contenders.

Also with the pure scale of the work - how many people have read it! I have the dead tree version and I have, as yet, bearly started.

Shalom

Posts 8410
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 7:52 AM

Dale E Heath:

I did some research and the 8 vol. collection was on pre-pub, and I was only missing 1 Peter. I'm not sure what the price would have been on all 8 vols., but it would have been a sale price.

I’m waiting on a coupon or good discount to get 1 Peter.  It looks like an awesome read with lots of information.

DAL

Posts 1683
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 9:23 AM

Kevin Clemens:
After having that on my wishlist for a few years, I picked up the 4 volume set last August for about $178, which is 30% off.

I did the same. Started reading about two months ago (along with the Greek text) and just finished the first chapter of Acts. Did not read any of the introduction part yet. The exegesis is much more interesting than I had expected. The term "socio-rhetorical" sounded that I need to be cautious but turned out that it provides a realistic view for the world of Acts. 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 615
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2021 11:11 AM

Great News!

This resource is on sale now for 30% off for the Back to School Sale. First time i've ever seen it on sale. Glad i waited.

https://www.logos.com/product/166599/acts-an-exegetical-commentary

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS