Pre-Pubs Pending Cancellation

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 13 2021 1:10 PM

Regretfully, the following pre-pub products are just short of funding. We'll need to cancel them next week if we can't get our production costs covered. If you would like to see these books become Logos editions, please place your pre-order today. Thanks!

Great Is the Lord: Theology for the Praise of God

Perspectives on an Evolving Creation

The Nonviolent Atonement, 2nd ed.

The Church in History

The Suffering Servant: Isaiah 53 in Jewish and Christian Sources

Filled with the Spirit

Freedom, Truth, and Human Dignity

Early Christian Families in Context: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue

From Irenaeus to Grotius: A Sourcebook in Christian Political Thought

Posts 205
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 2:37 PM

FL could make them into Reader Editions, with publisher OK, + so reduce the price. This might get them more action.

Posts 3163
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 2:43 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):
Please give this title little more time.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 5573
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 3:24 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):
Freedom, Truth, and Human Dignity

Preordered.

Beloved Amodeo:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

That one looks like it's very close.

Posts 12103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 3:43 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

This one has a status of "almost funded" and the progress bar is well beyond 90%, nearly at the 100% mark, whereas others seem to have attracted only 50% of what's needed. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 4:01 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

I would very much like to see this one make it. Any other pacifists or peace church types out there (Anabaptist/Mennonite/Quaker/Brethren, etc.) or those interested in studying different theories of atonement?

Posts 12103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 4:04 PM

Rosie Perera:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

I would very much like to see this one make it. Any other pacifists or peace church types out there (Anabaptist/Mennonite/Quaker/Brethren, etc.) or those interested in studying different theories of atonement?

I pre-ordered it once I saw it on Thom's list. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1333
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 4:31 PM

Rosie Perera:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

I have the 1st edition in Kindle; I've now ordered it here. It's one of the key works in the revival of atonement studies in the last couple decades.

Posts 2843
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 5:04 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Regretfully, the following pre-pub products are just short of funding. We'll need to cancel them next week if we can't get our production costs covered. If you would like to see these books become Logos editions, please place your pre-order today. Thanks!

WHY????? What is it costing you to wait for five or ten years for a Pre-Pub to find enough byers??? 

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 5:39 PM

Is this the beginning of a 'No-Kill Pre-Pub Shelter' movement?

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 391
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 5:47 PM

Dear Thom, 

Please allow a little more time. A few of them are very close to being funded.

This book is a unique and excellent resource:

https://www.logos.com/product/192693/from-irenaeus-to-grotius-a-sourcebook-in-christian-political-thought

Kindly consider.

In Christ

Vincent

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 29794
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 5:47 PM

David Ames:
WHY????? What is it costing you

I don't know if you will get an official answer, but I have a guess. I assume that FL has some sort of contract agreement when they put these up on pre-pub. Those agreements may have timelines or may be pulled by the publisher. I don't know if this is relevant, but all of these are from Eerdmans. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 455
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 7:50 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

I just put my bid/order in. It does look close so maybe a few more people like me can jump in and help push this across the line.

Posts 1566
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2021 8:18 PM

Perspectives on Evolving Création has a fantastic line-up! I’ve been in since it got posted!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2843
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 4:55 AM

JT (alabama24):

David Ames:
WHY????? What is it costing you

I don't know if you will get an official answer, but I have a guess. I assume that FL has some sort of contract agreement when they put these up on pre-pub. Those agreements may have timelines or may be pulled by the publisher. I don't know if this is relevant, but all of these are from Eerdmans. 

Sounds reasonable. Thanks! 

Posts 3163
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 10:11 AM

Roy:

Beloved Amodeo:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

I just put my bid/order in. It does look close so maybe a few more people like me can jump in and help push this across the line.

Thank you all! It's in production.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1333
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 4:27 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

This one has moved somewhat closer to production but has a considerable ways to go for the little remaining time.

I would encourage anyone interested in atonement studies or systematic theology generally to go for it. This particular perspective may not be everyone's cup of tea, but as I mentioned above, it's been a key work in the revival of atonement studies of the last few decades. What is important about works like this is more the questions they raise than the answers they provide. They really get you thinking in different directions, which is key for development in understanding theology. It's an important work that should be in Logos.

https://www.logos.com/product/195058/the-nonviolent-atonement-2nd-ed 

Posts 43
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 5:28 PM

Rosie Perera:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Yes, I have a physical copy of this but would love to see Logos implement it. I pre-ordered this ages ago.

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 6:51 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

OK, y'all. I've put my order in for the above two, to help you get them across the line. If you're in for one of the above but haven't yet put your order in for this one which I would like, consider a reciprocal pre-pub order, please:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Posts 455
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2021 8:41 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Roy:

Beloved Amodeo:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Thank you all! It's in production.

WooHoo! Praise the LORD! This book does sound interesting...

(and you are most welcome... glad I could do my small part...)

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS