KYLE SUGGESTION: Can these be made type encyclopedia

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:02 AM

I suspect these are not encyclopedia because some or all of them are ebooks.  Yet to the user, they function as encyclopedia - especial the angel, man, names of God, and women ones. 

• Richards, Larry. Every Angel in the Bible. Everything in the Bible Series. Nashville: T. Nelson, 1997.
  • Richards, Larry. Every Promise in the Bible. Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers, 1998.
  • Richards, Larry. Every Man in the Bible. Nashville: T. Nelson, 1999.
  • Richards, Larry. Every Miracle in the Bible. Nashville: T. Nelson, 1998.
  • Richards, Larry. Every Name of God in the Bible. Everything in the Bible Series. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2001.
  • Richards, Larry. Every Prayer in the Bible. Nashville: T. Nelson, 1998.
  • Richards, Larry, Dan Pegoda, and Paul Gross. Every Teaching of Jesus in the Bible. Nashville: T. Nelson, 2001.
  • Richards, Sue Poorman, and Larry Richards. Every Woman in the Bible. Nashville, TN: T. Nelson Publishers, 1999.

It would be easier to explain Logos if these were encyclopedias.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 12100
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:27 AM

MJ. Smith:
I suspect these are not encyclopedia because some or all of them are ebooks. 

Really? They are all sold on Logos.com, not via ebooks.faithlife.com (lucky for the international customers)

The one I own, "Every woman", definitely is a Logos Research Edition, with an old, Logos ID of LLS:34.0.99, last updated 2013 (do they possibly pre-date the existence of eBooks?). It has the annoying page index - which wouldn't bug me as much if this wasn't the only index present, which makes the type:monograph book functionally as valuable as an eBook, even though the 8-vol bundle is listed as "type: reference"  on https://www.logos.com/product/54018/every-thing-in-the-bible  

MJ. Smith:
It would be easier to explain Logos if these were encyclopedias.

They would need an English headwords index for that. But I note that community tags suggest it as commentarynonversified. A bible index would be appropriate and might help, too, but it is intended as an encyclopedia - but not built as such.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 33418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:33 AM

If they are Research editions then we should demand headwords ... and basic Biblical entity tagging.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1654
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 8:56 AM

I'll take a look.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS