Hendriksen & Kistemaker New Testament Commentary (12 volumes)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1677
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 19 2021 1:50 PM

$49.99 elsewhere at present. Hopefully Faithlife can negotiate with the publisher to do the same soon. I know it's been that price before in Logos.

Posts 8393
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:13 PM

Paul Caneparo:

$49.99 elsewhere at present. Hopefully Faithlife can negotiate with the publisher to do the same soon. I know it's been that price before in Logos.

I think it used to be $79.99, but yes, it used to be a lower price that what it is right now.

DAL

Posts 1677
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:33 PM

DAL:

Paul Caneparo:

I think it used to be $79.99, but yes, it used to be a lower price that what it is right now.

DAL

I did buy at $49.99 years ago, but returned as I had more pressing priorities. I could probably justify now at $49.99 less dynamic pricing.

Posts 934
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 3:49 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Paul, where are you seeing that?

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1677
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 9:15 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Paul Caneparo:

Paul, where are you seeing that?

I've sent you an email.

Posts 1677
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2021 1:11 PM

Just noticed that the Logos product description says 12 volumes, but the title says 18 volumes.

Hendriksen & Kistemaker New Testament Commentary | HK (18 vols.)

https://www.logos.com/product/4233/hendriksen-and-kistemaker-new-testament-commentary-hk

Posts 2455
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2021 12:00 PM

Paul Caneparo:
Just noticed that the Logos product description says 12 volumes, but the title says 18 volumes.

Comparing BestCommentaries.com and Logos it seems like 12 vols is the whole New Testament, but that Logos breaks out the volumes into individual books where Hendriksen & Kistemaker | Best Commentaries Reviews has the majority of Pauline epistles in one volume.

For those unfamiliar with the series, if you search Best Commentaries for TECHNICAL commentaries, H&K is usually in the top 5.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 379
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 4:47 AM

I also saw this sale on the link posted above, but I didn’t really have much interest because I erroneously thought this commentary was similar to a Matthew Henry text——until I saw this thread!  I saw David Thomas’s post and recalled that I actually have several of these volumes but, again, didn’t pay much attention to them as of yet.  

All I will say is Wowsie!  I had no clue they were so exegetical!  While I do think they have taken a few liberties that are unwarranted in the inspired texts (e.g., John 1.1, 2) I greatly appreciate their emphasis on original language analysis.  Needless to say I will definitely be watching what happens in both software companies regarding pricing.

Long way of saying “Good thread”😳!

Posts 1677
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 5:07 AM

Puddin’:

I also saw this sale on the link posted above, but I didn’t really have much interest because I erroneously thought this commentary was similar to a Matthew Henry text——until I saw this thread!  I saw David Thomas’s post and recalled that I actually have several of these volumes but, again, didn’t pay much attention to them as of yet.  

All I will say is Wowsie!  I had no clue they were so exegetical!  While I do think they have taken a few liberties that are unwarranted in the inspired texts (e.g., John 1.1, 2) I greatly appreciate their emphasis on original language analysis.  Needless to say I will definitely be watching what happens in both software companies regarding pricing.

Long way of saying “Good thread”😳!

Hopefully Faithlife can negotiate with the publisher. Looking at my old orders I paid $49.95 back in March 2015, so the publisher has offered at this price through Faithlife. Given it's available at $49.99 elsewhere, hopefully the publisher will be open to pricing similarly through Logos too.

Posts 588
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 1:10 PM

Baker has had a complete rethink about what they charge for ebooks, everything from Baker now costs more, lots more than it used to. prepubs are now just a few dollars less than full price. They pulled out a number of commentary sets from Logos base packages years ago and now only sell them as stand alone for the most part. 

Posts 204
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 2:14 PM

Bobby Terhune:
prepubs are now just a few dollars less than full price.

Pathetic!!  They do not get to dance with my charge card.

Posts 1677
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 2:51 PM

scooter:

Bobby Terhune:
prepubs are now just a few dollars less than full price.

Pathetic!!  They do not get to dance with my charge card.

Agree. I don't order Zondervan either on pre-pub, as they don't seem to go above 20%.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS